The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRHBCH Lipko’s Lackawanna Lacy passed away today.

She was the foundation of so much of what we have accomplished in beagling.
Her offspring have had a huge and long lasting influence on us and so many of our friends.
She was the ultimate mother and never lost a pup that lived past the first day. (24 pups)
Pups from Lacy have won over 40 combined field trials and 4 NYS State championships.

She was a terrific gun dog with great desire and an absolute go to hound up north.
A totally honest mouth that you could always count on.

She had a terrific UKC career in her own right with 9 wins and will always be remembered fondly here on the hill.
She rests peacfully next to her most famous daughter in the shade under our spruce tree.

Lacy in her younger days, one built dog

My last hare over the old girl 3/31/12 in NH.
She had an outstanding last gun season.

RIP
Ole friend "Honest Abe"

John L

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It is always hard when you loose a great dog. I have lost serval over my years. some that were young ( 6 yrs old) and others in their older days.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hate to hear that. I know how it feels I lost my old dog back in January. I am sure you have some young ones that will keep her bloodline going.

·
Registered
178 Posts
John and Jane, so very, very, sorry for your loss. Lacy was a wonderful girl with a great personality on and off the field. May she live on thru her pups and grandpups. God Bless and run em fast and hard Lacy in Hare Heaven!!!
Cheryl and Jim Olejnik

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
John,
God only gives us his dogs for a short time, he granted you a prize, may your memories always be bright and may she rest in piece, in Gods incredible hunting grounds.
Pine Creek/Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts