The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 and 8...and a poor excuse for a football team!

·
Super Moderator
27,187 Posts
It's a dog eat dog league....just ask Vick.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
uplandr said:
but...but....but aren't they the "Dream Team" ???
More like a nightmare.

I for one am not an Iggle hater. I generally pull for them in the NFC because they are a Pa team. I was a fan of Carmichael in HS. I'm not a fan of Vick, however and not so crazy about that whack job, Young. Kind of bad when Kolb looks liek a better option.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I agree Bucket... I don't like Vick or Young.

This team is so discombobulated right now it's hard to even pick which area needs rescued first.

QB = Bad
Castillo/Defense = Bad
Coaches = Bad
Players attitudes = Bad

Dream team tag is old and the media has really ran with it. Seems it's the only thing Young has said that's been repeated. Cracks me up actually that everyone makes so much of it.

At any rate... some big changes in store for this team.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
hi_tech_redneck said:
4 and 8...and a poor excuse for a football team!
Eagles crush!!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Big free agency splashes do not usually equate to success. Look at Pittsburgh and New England. Neither will go out to sign the biggest name free agents. They build in the draft, and fill the rest of the roster with mid tier free agents who fit the system perfectly. Ryan Clark and James Farrior are excellent examples of that. The two teams also do a good job of holding onto their own players. But the critical thing is to have a good system in place that allows average player to succeed, which Philly does not have. Asomonga(sic) is a great guy in man coverage, but the first thing they do is stick him into zone.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
When players don't play and coaches argue in public / during a game / right on the sidelines and the whole team still thinks it's doing good then the coach is not effective and the whole lot has lost touch with reality. Oh wait, maybe it's only a matter of Andy doing a better job and putting the players in a better position?

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
disappointment. thats just it. so much hype and none of it came together for them. some teams handled hte lockout really well and kept their basic identity intact (ie. packers). some teams let it all get the best of them like the eagles. they are fixable though and I think it stupid to think this much talent and athleticism can't be sucessful in the nfl just bc it was put together in free agency. a new coach and an offseason together will do this team good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts