The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seen a post on another forum stating excalibur was voted best crossbow made....here are some text from that forum post

The Excalibur "IS" the four wheel drive of crossbows.

I just got my new issue of Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine and there's a full page ad saying so.

There's also a ton of other good information about crossbows and other stuff.

if you don't belong to the American Crossbow Federation...NOW is the time to join. It's easy to do by picking up the phone and calling 320-634-3660 or you can email Daniel at [email protected]

You can visit the website: http://www.horizontalbowhunter.com/

The magazine alone is worth the membership. It's chock full of interesting articles and all of the latest equipment that's available. DJH as well as Bill T always have interesting articles in each issue along with many others.

Please, join the American Crossbow Federation today.

You'll be glad you did!!!
i knew i spent my money in the right place for the best crossbow made, way to go excalibur
.........bob

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I quess if their ad says so it must be true.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i missed that part dave, i thought it was review compairison done by someone stating so....my goof
sorry.........bob

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Excalibur is a top end crossbow...there is no doubt about it. There is also a guy in Canada doing some amazing things with a stock, out of the box, Parker Spartan.

In the end it's the service you get from your dealer and the manufacturer that matters the most. Ten Point, Excalibur and Parker all have excellent customer service.

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
Excalibur is more for the user that wants a recurve crossbow.Like myself and my son.There is something for everyone out there.Buying something quality is the main thing.If it's cheap there is a reason why.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know that route "you get what you pay for"
........bob

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
You don't need a shop to service it as well.I hate paying for stuff I should be able to do myself.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's one of the things that sold me on an excalibur too........bob

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Picked up a vortex on Friday and shot it over the weekend. The scope is properly mounted, using the cranking device to ensure every draw is the same, shooting from a bench and rock solid rest. All that being said, we are yet to drive two arrows on top/touching each other past 20 yds. At 40yds, the group spreads out to about 6 inches and at 50, 1 will be 5 inches left, another 5 inches right. This coming from aiming at a 2 inch blaze orange circle, dead steady. I'm baffled, I just don't see the amazing accuracy I was expecting. I'm capable of far better groups with my compound. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Something aint right maybe bad scope. You should be busting nocks at 20 yds

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if your shooting the firebolts that came with the package with the bolt cutter BH's that is your problem....what is your arrow componets naming everything from Broad Head to nock....i have there exocet which is there vortex without the thumbhole stock at 200 pounds....mine don't like light weight arrows that came with it....375gr arrows with there bolt cutter were all over the place....i went to a 550gr arrow with 125gr slick tricks with 2.5" groups out at 50 yds..........bob

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check all screws/bolts etc where things are put together. Had a similar instance after several shots and found some loose ones - bow to stock connection and trigger mechanism are often troublesome. Tightened them down with some loctite and now cannot shoot at the same target twice without them touching.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
outshootme1 said:
My suggestion, drop the crossbow and pick up your compound! Not highjacking your thread, just saying!!!!
lol, yeah ya are, go back to the archery forum....

so i'm not highjacking this thread policeing above poster

i just went through all my bolts and screws on my exocet when i got my trigger back....loc tighted every screw to make sure i have no trouble still..........bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts