The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my imagination, but didn't we start to see those $1600 crossbows, just about the time crossbows in PA were approved for PA archery season?

No, it must be my imagination.

·
Registered
613 Posts
yup i agree with you on that one... they must know half the state is gonna buy them because they make it easier to kill something......

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Actually they were out before hand, not like PA created the science.

Mustang Weren't you just over in the archery forum crying about a $1000 compound two minutes ago???? What does that cost for a compound bow have to do with their use in archery season??? I guess the $1000 compound makes it harder to kill something than a $300 one??

Just trying to stir something up on a slow day in your world or what? This post has about much point to it as baseball.

BTW, $350-700 kills them just fine, deer don't care what you paid.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Rooster, you nailed it. I am not sure I have read a post on here in the past month that wasn't full of post stirring.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
beck_trt said:
Rooster, you nailed it. I am not sure I have read a post on here in the past month that wasn't full of post stirring.
Isn't that what the crossbow forum is for??

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
corey22 said:
[

Isn't that what the crossbow forum is for??
Yep.
Anyway, those top end bows have been around for some time. Funny though that everyone buys the 400-700 stuff.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
A friend of mine just told me yesterday he is looking at some new Hoyt Compound that for the bare bow is over 1500.00. Don't know much but I see very little difference. An expensive bow doesn't make you a better hunter does it?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I once had the opportunity to shoot a $1600 skeet shotgun. It made my $500 Browning feel like a club. I still want one, but I doubt I'll ever buy it. But, if it makes someone else happy to own a $1600 skeet gun....why would I want to keep him from it? It's just nice to know that in this country we are allowed to choose.

Right now the crossbow market is going through changes at a very fast pace. The consumer is the winner. Lots of choices on some very good equipment.

The price averages for the crossbow and the compound bow are about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
And, for goodness sakes, let's not get into those custom-built flintlocks that reach all the way out to 75 yards or so to touch a deer!

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
I had an informal range set up near my house years ago when I used a compound.One day I went down and two guys were using it.No problem using it.They both had Golden Eagle bows.Big bucks back in the day.Well the one guy couldn't group at all.He blamed the bow.After several minutes of prodding he let me shoot his bow.Bullseye first shot.I told him it must have been a mistake.So I shot another arrow.Funny another bullseye.They left and I shot my Bear whitail that cost 100 bucks.Still got bullseyes.The equipment is only as good as the person using it.High priced equipment does not and never will correct for the operators errors.I practice with all my weapons.Guns and bows.If I didn't I would be just like that guy.I enjoy shooting my weapons though.Sometimes taking time to aim is not an option.Practice will take over in that situation.It's the same for hunting and protection.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
If there's a market for it, someone will fill it. Some people like expensive things. If it excits you, it may build your confidence & you may stay in the woods longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts