The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Man, how awesome would it be to have that job?

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
Cool video. That was my favorite Super Bowl commercial, but I still liked the one where the one kicks a field goal. I would rather see video of the ranch where the Budweiser Girls are raised

Bud has always spent a ton of money getting their name out there. I knew a guy that was part of their Miss Budweiser boat crew back in the early 80s and he said each boat had over a Mill budget for the season.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Saw them at Busch gardens in Virginia ... awesome animals!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice video... thanks for sharing... The one I liked the best is when the YOUNG horse wanted to pull the wagon, and you see it coming out of the shed... only to see the MOM pushing it from behind.... but the are ALL good... and cant wait to see the new ones each Super Bowl....

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The breed originated in Scotland, but we think of them as being as American as apple pie and baseball!

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
I saw them in a parade in Allegheny County when I was a kid back in the 50's. They were no more than 10 feet away from me when they went by and I remember it like it was yesterday. I had a curb side seat and their hoofs looked like dinner plates.

·
Administrator
14,289 Posts
GobbleBuck said:
Man, how awesome would it be to have that job?

I used to haul them around the east coast back in the 70's.Hauled out of Merrimack,NH. It was a great job.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Casey,

That is a awesome place up there ! About 10/12 years ago my buddy who drives a hauler for nascar was driving for the Budweiser sponsored team of Hendick's. I helped him drive the hauler to Louden.
We stopped at the brewery on the way up for a promotional gig. We got the private tour of the plant and the Clydesdale barns. Those horses are treated like royalty!!

They got the tour of the hauler, but trust me, that pales in comparison of the tours we got. I'm sure you have some cool story's about your trips around the country with those horses

·
Administrator
14,289 Posts
Those horses get treated better than royalty.The next time you see the Clydsdale trailers stand in back of one and look at the Clydsdale painted on the rear door.

No matter where you stand or move the eyes on that rear door follow you.and thatsa fact! lol

Dave "Davey" Pike drove the 8 horse hitch back in those days. Whew! that was back in the day before DUI's.

I still have my uniform hanging upsatirs in the spare bedroom.

I told my wife that perhaps it's time to go to NH for the Xmasparty that they have. I haven't been to one of those since 1985.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Casey, did you ever see the team of Percherons that P+C Supermarkets had?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts