The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking for a crossbow broadhead target and I need input please ,also what do you do to uncock your crossbow? last year I just shot mine into the dirt with an old arrow until it hit a rock and shattered ,unsafe .

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Rinehart 18-1 and the American Whitetail Cube Hybrid are nice targets, but you can loose inserts in them when pulling arrows.

The Big Shot Transformer has a core that the shooter can customize to the speed of their bow. It comes with different thicknesses and densities of foam. Nice thing is if a insert pulls loose, you can separate the layers and get your insert out of there.

As far as de-cocking, there are special de-cocking arrows out there but you still have to shoot them into something and they can break or fly off into parts unknown. I carry a small de-cocking target with me and just shoot into it with a field point. Most of the manufactures make these just for de-cocking.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
dpms said:
Rinehart 18-1 and the American Whitetail Cube Hybrid are nice targets, but you can loose inserts in them when pulling arrows.

The Big Shot Transformer has a core that the shooter can customize to the speed of their bow. It comes with different thicknesses and densities of foam. Nice thing is if a insert pulls loose, you can separate the layers and get your insert out of there.

As far as de-cocking, there are special de-cocking arrows out there but you still have to shoot them into something and they can break or fly off into parts unknown. I carry a small de-cocking target with me and just shoot into it with a field point. Most of the manufactures make these just for de-cocking.
I would also add the Rinehart Rhinoblock is a nice target as well. Same material as the 18-1, but has different sides.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
blobs are the best....hands down!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I use a Mackenzie xbow block target, its been great. And as far as uncocking...I use a decocking bolt...also works great with no problems.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
people that swear by rinehart have never shot into a blob. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
My SpyderWeb stops them dead, used to tear up flethings until I got this one !

I use a decocking arrow as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts