The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Yeah, it's wild. But I think I just lost a little respect for the Benoits. I lived in vermont, and loved their story.

But this just makes them as Commercial as all the others out there. Diamond grade barrels? How does that help you track a deer?

I liked the traditional lore of the Benoits....now they're just another bunch of guys trying to sell stuff.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I thought I was impressed when looking at the pictures then I saw the prices on the order sheet...HOLY COW!! then I knew I wasn't that impressed!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
those are some of the ugliest pumpguns i've ever seen. and who is going to pay those prices? if i was to make a woods gun, i'd take a 7600 carbine and put a straight, english style stock and scaled down forearm on it and chamber it in 35 whelen with a forward mounted scout scope. kind of like a pump guidegun. those things they came up with are too gaudy and pimped out for me.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John Henry said:
Yeah, it's wild. But I think I just lost a little respect for the Benoits. I lived in vermont, and loved their story.

But this just makes them as Commercial as all the others out there. Diamond grade barrels? How does that help you track a deer?

I liked the traditional lore of the Benoits....now they're just another bunch of guys trying to sell stuff.

You have a problems with Capitalism? Did you ever try to make a living off deer hunting? You have to do seminars and sell stuff. Books, videos , even guns. It's no different. My hats off to the Benoits for finding a way to make a living off it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My 2 cents... nothin ugly'er then the bolt on a 110 Sav. As pumps go anit none of them beauty Queens. Pumps are shotguns. Benoits are a good bunch as stated tryin to make alittle money along the way. Look at those helpless souls Hank Parker Jeff Foxworthy they make more money sellin dumb stuff and couldn't carry Benoits day old huntin socks...later

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
HEY MOOSEHUNTER...I don't think anyone has a real problem with capitalism as a whole, we all know how it works BUT almost $1500.00 to $3000.00 for some cosmetic changes is a little beyond making a living..you could buy a factory 7600 for each oday of the week and not be one step behind any of those.. give me an old /06 carbine, a long eye relief Leupold and I'll be right in step..wonder how many orders they'll recieve, bet is..not many!!! These boys hunt hard, they hunt tuff country in harsh condition, their videos are real not the set-up stuff 99% of the outdoor and sportmens channel show..they have their act together BUT the rifles are a little much.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BUT almost $1500.00 to $3000.00 for some cosmetic changes is a little beyond making a living..

And everyone is free to NOT buy one of these rifles. They are free to charge what they want, and we are free to not buy it. That's just capitalism.

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
I looked but didn't see if the rifles have any time of upgrades like a better trigger and smoother ection.

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
dce said:
I looked but didn't see if the rifles have any time of upgrades like a better trigger and smoother ection.
Linda cool though.I'm not a 7600 fan but I'd probably be interested in a 338-06 if they were closer to 1k and had nicer triggers.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nothing wrong with marketing a product or service at the price you see fit. As long as you sty true to yourself and maintain your integrity.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
pumpgun said:
those are some of the ugliest pumpguns i've ever seen. and who is going to pay those prices?
Kinda taints the Benoit image..I seen a few pics where these guys are standing over deer with some of these "spaced out" 7600's and it takes away from the tough,rugged Benoit northwoods effect...If they made a simple Model 7600 carbine with , maybe, just Larry Benoits signature on it, or maybe just a note hand written by him included in the box, maybe I'd buy it.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If they made a simple 7600 carbine in .338-06 with their signatures on it, I'd want one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts