The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was sitin the tree stand watching about 8 deer just feeding as they were walking up the hill towards.i seen them coming from about 250yrds 40 minutes later 90 yrds them here comes the amish 21 of them and there goes the deer no shot thanks to them went and askked them where they camme from they said mercer and they had a driver driveing them around lookin for woods with no posted signs think i should hang them on my deer pole

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
We had problems with them in clarion county.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i know exactly what you are saying,their like grubs 'there everywhere' shootin up a storm,what pmo is they shoot at every deer they see no matter how small

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
You know, I am a pretty easy going hunter, but that right there would have had me burning up man
So they just drive around and jump out and hunt if there isn`t a No Hunting sign? You gotta be kidding me
Was there really 21 of them with flintlocks? That is even crazier!!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Up at camp this year I found a monster 7pt that we're pretty sure the amish shot and never followed up on it.

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
octagon said:
You know, I am a pretty easy going hunter, but that right there would have had me burning up man
So they just drive around and jump out and hunt if there isn`t a No Hunting sign? You gotta be kidding me
Was there really 21 of them with flintlocks? That is even crazier!!
I always heard that they do pretty much what they want!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
maybe we hunters should go around and post property that are not posted. you know, i have heard of that being done before.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I know better than to post anything against the Amish on HPA. I've had my posts deleted in the past and now all I can say is GO AMISH!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I have nothing against them there prices on lumber are great!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
21 guys and a driver, They must have come in a greyhound bus. Atleast you don't have to worry about them taking your treestands or stealing your trail cams. I would rather have them in the woods pushing deer around then some of the other people I know.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
HMMMM----wonder if they would tour Iraq for 1 month? They can keep what they take. No tags needed.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
i have been in areas where the amish came in. 3 years ago i was hunting in ohio and there were 3 vans full of amish. they push the area out and moved on and so did the deer. years ago i was hunting in mercer county and the amish came in on this property i was hunting on. the owner who was hunting with us was ticked off and ran them off his property. he said the amish don't allow hunters on their property, but tresspasses on others property. so the amish are not really like in some areas.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have no problem with them hunt with them buck and bear seasons, the only way to get a group of guys together to drive yet, kids today won't do that bill jordan and stan potss don't advertise driving for deer, doesn't sell scentblocker and all that stuff. everybody blames them for not seeing deer and they shoot everything, they are easy to blame cause they won't argue to defend themselves, if we used 10 percent of their virtues and values our family lives in america would be dramatically improved

1 - 20 of 44 Posts