The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
In the parts I saw, both goalies were pretty solid. Could have easily been one of those 4-3 games.

Letang wide open net in the shootout but just couldn't get the blade under it to elevate it. Puck luck on that one.

·
4,324 Posts
14 different Pens have a goal so far, pretty impressive. Interestingly, the only "goal scorer" in the lineup, Guentzel, didn't register a goal in the blowout.

·
4,324 Posts
I'm going to guess the COVID in the locker will continue, add to that the Pens penchant for being oft injured this will be a tough season.

·
Registered
23,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It would be nice if the get that all out of the way before the end of the season and playoffs. I read that there are LESS THAN FIVE players in the entire league that are not vaccinated. I think that counts Evander Kane, who got busted for having a fake vaccination card.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Gonna be a loooong year. Right now just a lot of issues and whether or not they can get it right is a tall order.

Probably about that time where they miss the playoffs. Such cycles are inevitable. Paying the tab now for all those years of trades to get to the Cup.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I think most goalies can run hot and cold, and let's not forget in relative terms, he's still a younger guy.

Won't annoint him as the second coming, but also very encouraged that he seems to be able to have that proverbial short memory when he lays an egg.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
My son and I went to the game last night against Vancouver. Now....Vancouver is far from a powerhouse but going to any game is plain fun.

We were seated near the end where the Pen's attempt to score in the 1st & 3rd period. Lots of action...Pens dominated in the first period....like 20 shots on goal vs Canucks 4. Scoring chances that were great....but never made it into the net.

Second period the Canucks caught up in shots.....but the Pens scored 3 at the other end. Go figure!!

Crosby's line was interesting. Crosby played more in a defensive position than I've ever seen. IIRC I think he had one point....which is his style of play. He had many chances and the puck had eyes for the Canucks.

Fun event!!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Hockey is so different in person.

Despite all his career accolades, I think Crosby might be a bit under-appreciated as a "200 foot player". At least by the non-hardcore hockey people.

On paper one would think the Pens are better than Vancouver. So don't give up a cheap odd man rush, or a 3 on 1, especially once they got the lead.

He'll do those "gritty" tasks, play different roles, whatever is needed. Not all of those superstar players can pull that off.

21 - 40 of 455 Posts