The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
While Tanev showed a lot of grit, he's 180 pounds and making big, big money to be a 4th line guy on the Pens. With like 4 more years on that contract. Loved his game, but that kind of dollars on an older guy whose risk injury goes up with his style, not gonna make that fit very easily.

McCann is also on Krack too. Pens get a younger, cheaper player and a late pick and all Toronto got out of it was they kept the guys they had last year. Maybe that was a backroom deal between the Leafs, Ronnie, and Mario.

Hex and Burke clearing cap, and probably looking to get bigger. Rumors have them going after Hyman in FA.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 · (Edited)
Well, the Kraken certainly are not going to come out like Vegas did. Seems they will look more like a typical expansion team.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Ronnie Francis said saving cap and having cap flexibility was important. Could still sign some big FAs or make trades.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Well, the Kraken certainly are not going to come out like Vegas did. Seems they will look more lie a typical expansion team.
Seattle will not let the officials into their arena. The penalty box will be called the CHOP box and penalties will be voluntary.

I hope the Kraken are horrible forever.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
That one killed me TT!

Their best skater will be CHAZ Micheal Micheals, without a doubt. 🤣

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
Where's the Beef .......we need a goon! 😁

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
They had the leagues premier goon not long ago, Ryan Reeves. He even had Tom Wilson cowering. Sullivan wouldn't play him. I dont think that is Sullivans mindset.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
They had the leagues premier goon not long ago, Ryan Reeves. He even had Tom Wilson cowering. Sullivan wouldn't play him. I dont think that is Sullivan’s mindset.
Not mine either. That’s old style, low skill level hockey. Hook, grab, fight instead of skating.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Yes. Exactly what the NHL wants its game to be.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks like MAF is being traded to the Blackhawks for a bag of pucks and a prospect. This trade is simply a salary dump by Vegas. Kind of surprised they couldn't do any better.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Looks like MAF is being traded to the Blackhawks for a bag of pucks and a prospect. This trade is simply a salary dump by Vegas. Kind of surprised they couldn't do any better.
Teams don’t want to pay a 37 year old goaltender who wears down when it gets to the playoffs. He had a great year this past year but the Knights rested him twice, which teams don’t normally do in the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
He's still worth more than a prospect and a bag of pucks. His 7mil salary and a flat cap was probably a contributing factor.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
He's still worth more than a prospect and a bag of pucks. His $7mil salary and a flat cap was probably a contributing factor.
No question. Lehner is a reliable goalie and he’s much cheaper. They can get a decent backup goalie without spending much.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
Depends on how bad Geno is. How much time is he going to miss anyway? I wouldn't want him sitting for months if he can play

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
They should sign Linus Ullmark. That may or may not solve the goalie issue, but it would be great to have a guy named "Linus" on the team.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Depends on how bad Geno is. How much time is he going to miss anyway? I wouldn't want him sitting for months if he can play.
Fleury isn’t coming back. If they were interested they would have traded for him when Vegas was offering him for basically nothing.

I think they should trade Geno, but it would be extremely difficult because of his salary.

541 - 560 of 563 Posts