The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
521 - 540 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The habs didn't do to bad considering they didn't have their head coach on the bench because of covid. Interesting to see what happens next. They dug out of a 3-1 hole against Toronto.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
The Habs didn't do too bad considering they didn't have their head coach on the bench because of Covid. Interesting to see what happens next. They dug out of a 3-1 hole against Toronto.
They played a lousy first game but played much better in game 2. Vasilevskiy saved the Lightning in game 2, and an egregious turnover resulted in the Lightning’s 3rd goal.

While they did rally from 3-1 down against Toronto, Tampa is a much better team, and I don’t think anyone expects them to blow it if they get a 3-0 or 3-1 series lead.

·
Registered
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
Yes, Tampa Bay is certainly making short work of them.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I look for the Habs to play hard for pride in front of the home crowd and TB to not quite have the crispness they need, just because they are sick and tired of being in the "playoff bubble" required of them to play across the border.

But if TB does not close it out tonite, look for them to explode at home and celebrate with family and hometown fans.

Not completely confident in that prediction for Game 4, could still end up a sweep. TB is just better than Montreal.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I look for the Habs to play hard for pride in front of the home crowd and TB to not quite have the crispness they need, just because they are sick and tired of being in the "playoff bubble" required of them to play across the border.

But if TB does not close it out tonight, look for them to explode at home and celebrate with family and hometown fans.

Not completely confident in that prediction for Game 4, could still end up a sweep. TB is just better than Montreal.
I agree Montreal will play hard to try to avoid the sweep. I don’t know if the Lightning will have a letdown. It’s possible, but they’re playing so well. I want to see the Lightning win and skate around with the Cup in front of the Habs’ fans.

·
Registered
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
I think 5 games also, although after game two, I'm not sure sure TB cant sweep them.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Lightning won 1-0. Conn Smythe is Vasilevskiy. He should have won the Vezina Trophy too.
I agree he is without a doubt the best in the game right now. The habs hardly looked competitive. That's more of a testament to how good Tampa is. I hope the pens are paying attention to what wins.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I agree he is without a doubt the best in the game right now. The Habs hardly looked competitive. That's more of a testament to how good Tampa is. I hope the Pens are paying attention to what wins.
The Lightning are loaded, no question.

The Habs got to the finals because they got hot at the right time and because of Price. I think the Isles, Canes, and Bruins are better teams than the Habs.

·
Registered
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
I suppose that doesn't hurt either. Tampa wont have that luxury next year. They will have to move on from some guys.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I suppose that doesn't hurt either. Tampa won’t have that luxury next year. They will have to move on from some guys.
The league will probably be back to its normal conferences and divisions next season.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Got Teddy B. extended, should see the "protected" list soon.

Glad they signed him, I like his effort.

·
Registered
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
I thought for sure they would protect Tanev. I figured they would leave Carter out there and that if Seattle took him, he would retire.

521 - 540 of 551 Posts