The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
501 - 520 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
How many millions are the Lightning over the cap? How dumb is that rule, guys like Stamkos and Kucherov can sit out with some vague "lower body injury" or something, then presto, healed for playoffs.

But how does a "cap" work when suddenly salaries don't count against it for certain reasons?

Now, using the NFL's cap as an example, I think a system where you can designate say 2 players who are on season-ending IR as cap exempt, so you can sign some replacements, would be good. Even have an independent league doctor verify the injury so no shenanigans.

But thats not right if they player plays. TB has unfair advantage

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
How many millions are the Lightning over the cap? How dumb is that rule, guys like Stamkos and Kucherov can sit out with some vague "lower body injury" or something, then presto, healed for playoffs.

But how does a "cap" work when suddenly salaries don't count against it for certain reasons?

Now, using the NFL's cap as an example, I think a system where you can designate say 2 players who are on season-ending IR as cap exempt, so you can sign some replacements, would be good. Even have an independent league doctor verify the injury so no shenanigans.

But that’s not right if their player plays. TB has unfair advantage.
I’m not sure how the NHL cap works. I still hope the Lightning win.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The lighting are 18mil over the cap. They loaded up with talent when several big names were out on LTIR. Those players healed up just in time for the playoffs where the cap doesnt count. While its within the current rules Tampa exploited the heck out of it. I hope they lose. The don't deserve to win when 18mil over the cap. I hope the NHL finds a way to address this type of abuse of the current rules.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
The Lightning are $18mil over the cap. They loaded up with talent when several big names were out on LTIR. Those players healed up just in time for the playoffs where the cap doesn't count. While it’s within the current rules Tampa exploited the heck out of it. I hope they lose. They don't deserve to win when $18mil over the cap. I hope the NHL finds a way to address this type of abuse of the current rules.
I hope the NHL does change the rules to keep teams from exploiting the cap, but I’m still rooting for the Lightning in the finals.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
The lighting are 18mil over the cap. They loaded up with talent when several big names were out on LTIR. Those players healed up just in time for the playoffs where the cap doesnt count. While its within the current rules Tampa exploited the heck out of it. I hope they lose. The don't deserve to win when 18mil over the cap. I hope the NHL finds a way to address this type of abuse of the current rules.
How is this remotely fair?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I don't feel it is remotely fair. I'm not a Habs fan but I'm pulling for them to beat the overloaded Lightning.
I can’t pull for the Habs in the finals, even though they’re playing the Lightning. I’ve been to Montreal and never met such rude people. If Toronto was in the final instead of Montreal, I would be rooting for them. I hope the Lightning sweep the Habs.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Lightning won 3-1, basically because of Vasilevskiy. He had 42 saves and kept them in a game that the Habs were dominating. Hopefully, the Lightning win the next two for the sweep.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
I saw Fleury won the Vezina trophy. Good for him.

501 - 520 of 563 Posts