The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It really illustrates the fine line between being a good team and stinking in the NHL. When was the last time they lost six in a row? Pre Mario, maybe?

·
4,225 Posts
They lost 10 in a row in Sid's rookie year but haven't lost more than 5 in a row since then.

Dumo and Marino both game time decisions tonight. Trotman sent back to Wilkes-Barre so one of them should play at least. Bjugstad full participant in practice too but will not play tonight.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The Pens FINALLY broke their 6 game losing streak. They beat a poor team at home 7-3. Rust had a hat trick. Marino and Doumalin are back. Marino scored 48 seconds into the game. Hopefully they can get on a winning streak.

·
4,225 Posts
Good shot in the arm having them back. I'm hoping Rust's production isn't an anomaly, he has been impressive all year. Imagine the 1st & second lines with a healthy Gentzel (fingers crossed for playoffs). Marleau broke the ice and got an apple and Sheary slid right back to pre-Buffalo form with Sid. Zucker continues to impress. Bjugstad probably plays next game and that is a small plus too.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Need to keep it going now. The new pieces settled in, getting guys healthy. Just a crappy West Coast swing, all teams have those stretches.

Whole Metro except Philly in that mode, its gonna heat up now that March has arrived.

·
4,225 Posts
This is one of the ugliest stretched if hockey I can remember in a long time. It isn't just the losing it is ugly hockey to watch. Many of the loses have had terrible defensive miscues, odd man rushes, short handed goals, just ugly hockey.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Ya. It's really weird listening to a hockey telecast with a low fan turnout, or a less than enthusiastic crowd, You can hear the skates digging through the ice on the telecast due to no real background noise. I suspect this will be like listening in a echo chamber.

More than likely, the NHL will follow the lead of the NBA. It really stinks, but necessary I reckon ?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ya. It's really weird listening to a hockey telecast with a low fan turnout, or a less than enthusiastic crowd, You can hear the skates digging through the ice on the telecast due to no real background noise. I suspect this will be like listening in a echo chamber.

More than likely, the NHL will follow the lead of the NBA. It really stinks, but necessary I reckon ?
kind of interested to see if we get a little bit of an inside look the communication is like between the players on the ice. maybe won't have to read sullivans lips to know what kind words he has for the officials after a bad call. we can hear what is really said during those scrums in front of the net. wonder if the pens broadcast will move bob errey into the booth so the players don't have to listen to him the whole game. I think the players will adapt pretty quickly since they practice in those conditions all the time. Sure will be different for tv viewers though.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts