The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd get this going to light a fire under all the hockey experts here. Will Geno return to form? Will Murray shed his "china doll' reputation? Will they ever sign Petterson? Will Jack Johnson rise to a level considered functional? Will Horny rediscover his offensive game? Lastly, we all still hate Ovechkin, right?

·
4,225 Posts
Yes. Eh. Yes. No. Eh. Heck yes!

I'm excited for the season to begin. I think the Pens have a tough road ahead of them and I'll be really curious to see if this is the year they start moving some bigger paces (Malkin/Letang). They absolutely need Horny to be at least closer to normal form and I think Galchenyuk can put up some nice numbers with a good supporting cast. Even the kid they got from Chicago has some nice upside. I think losing Bill Guerin in the FO hurts a little, there is no one else up there to work with GMJR. He is more of a lone wolf anyhow but at least there was some sounding board with Guerin. Add to that there is now no one in the wings when the 70 year old GMJR is ready to hang it up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
From that article about Geno missing his kid and admitting he lost a step I'm kinda thinking the end with him may be nearer than we think. I look for him to finish his career in the KHL but how far out that is who knows. I am treating every season from now on like it could be his last as a Penguin.

Murray is just sof. The one thing I most dislike about hockey is the heavy importance of goaltending. I guess long term I like what Murray brings its just hoping he can get hot at the right time and stay healthy. Some teams really seem to be able to scout goalies. Really hoping we can find the next Murray before he's owed $8 million a year off the cap.

I hate to say it about one of my favorite Pens of this generation, but I think Horny is done.

Petterson for sure I look for him to sign a contract for 5 or 6 years, they really like that guy. I don't think he's ever a 25 minute guy but he's good type of depth defenseman to lock down.

JJ is JJ, I have no problem with him whatsoever as bottom pair guy, just take issue with what GMJR decided to pay him last summer for those services. Ultimately that decision probably costs them Schultz next year and Addison won't be ready yet.

Some other teams in the division got better no doubt. I have no clue how these new forwards are going to mesh. I can't wait but I am going to back off watching many games before Christmas partly due to a busier fall schedule and partly because I got a little burnt out watching games last year once it got warm out.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The first pre season game is tonight. But following them all summer, one thing is true, they are trying to get younger. And I am certain they will surprise this year. The draft was okay, but youth rules..

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
I was in shock with all the odd man breaks they were giving up. Pretty much a repeat of last year. Pretty bad performance all around. They need to get it together.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And it seems that they have. For one game at least. This was more like what I expected from them in the first game. Hope Geno isn't badly hurt.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I was at the game last night, great win. I got to sit in the ATT Sportsnet suite (I know a guy) Free beer and food. I didn't want to leave.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
nice...

I was at the game last night, great win. I got to sit in the ATT Sportsnet suite (I know a guy) Free beer and food. I didn't want to leave.
Should have taken a sleeping bag!

Every couple a years I score some tickets to our company's box but they are so cheap, all the food and drinks are on the employees........

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Should have taken a sleeping bag!

Every couple a years I score some tickets to our company's box but they are so cheap, all the food and drinks are on the employees........

They brought out containers for us to take the left overs. They even let me have the metal Penguins popcorn bucket. They drew the line at the autographed Mario sweater hanging on the wall, though. :sad:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts