1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Did ya ever sleep in a tent in Arizona?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ya, had a rattler craw between the tarp and the floor of the tent. I was sleeping on a cot inside a Coleman 9 x 9 on a bear hunt in Stockton Pass near Stafford one time. Turned in the middle of the night and realized there was a rattler under the tent's floor. Left it alone and it was gone by morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,937 Posts
Ya, had a rattler craw between the tarp and the floor of the tent. I was sleeping on a cot inside a Coleman 9 x 9 on a bear hunt in Stockton Pass near Stafford one time. Turned in the middle of the night and realized there was a rattler under the tent's floor. Left it alone and it was gone by morning.
They say rattlers make a good alarm clock....

·
Super Moderator
27,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 Years never slept in a tent nor saw a scorpion. Sgt Born2.....Aim high.....
Sgt BCoz never saw a scorpion either. Being stationed in Upstate NY with multiple TDYs to colder places, like Thule, didn't give too many opportunities. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,937 Posts
Sgt BCoz never saw a scorpion either. Being stationed in Upstate NY with multiple TDYs to colder places, like Thule, didn't give too many opportunities. :)
Spent time in OKC and the Azores off the coast of Portugal. 64-67. 4 month early out. needed 6 months left for reassignment.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I don’t know which is worse, 18 months in Argentina Newfoundland or TDY’s in Thule. On second thought, I did have a lot of fun in Saint Johns, and I never ended up in Keflavik either. Did spend a couple of days inside the article circle though. Didn’t see any scorpions, but some mosquitoes we could of hanged bombs on. Lol

Reactions: BCozhunter

·
Super Moderator
27,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best TDY I had was to Minot AFB. Never caught so many walleye in my life as I did on that trip. :)

Born2Hunt, I've never been to the Azores, but some of the guys in my shop had been to both there and Thule. They said they'd rather go back to Thule! I've been to numerous parts of the world since getting out, and the only place I would take Thule over is the Middle East. Been there 3 times, hope to never see that sand pit again.

·
Super Moderator
3,806 Posts
Slept in many tents in Korea, B-huts in Afghanistan, had scorpions/rattlers in the high desert of California (George AFB). Cockroaches the size of pop cans in the Philippines/Okinawa. Also caught many, many walleyes at Minot AFB, ND. I also been on the other end with the five star hotels in Thailand, Germany, Hawaii, Iceland and Kyrgyzstan and a few places in between. AIM HIGH!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts