The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was lucky enough to tag out in Ohio this morning at 0650. I got to the farm around day break to try locate a gobbler. I got set up in a known roosting area, but didnt hear anything on the ridge I was set up on. I did hear a couple popping off on the other side of the farm. Since I was already soaked up to the hips from the walk in I decided to make a move on the 2 birds gobbling. I had to drop down a big pipeline right of way to get closer. It turns out they were on the opposite side of the ravine. So I decided to climb the other side of the valley to get above them. I was lucky enough to find an old logging road. I got set up and did a few soft yelps. They were on top of me within a few minutes. I ended up killing him at 25 yards in full strut.

21.9 lbs 10” beard and 1 1/8” spurs.

If I get time I may give NY a try, never hunted turkeys there. If not its time to start camping. Good luck out there, keep at em.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Fantastic, man! Great job closing out. I love to travel and hunt, so of course I’m gonna urge you to go scout NY and give it a shot.

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Fantastic bird, congrats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts