The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom had been taken by ambulance on Monday Morning around 3 am. My dad told me to go turkey hunting as there was really nothing I could do. I did but my mind was still on it.

I decided to quit and come home. Later in the day I decided I would fling a couple arrows for fun. First arrow fine, hit about an inch low.

Second arrow shatters at the shot, slices my brand new cables, and flies all crazy.

The cables smacked my arm upon explosion. I did not see any issues with the arrow before the shot, but who knows. It shattered about 3" from the vane.

I just put those cables on last fall, and haven't really even shot that much.

Again, I guess when you inspect an arrow from now on, spend more than a few seconds. Got luck on this one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
First and foremost, I hope your mother is ok...the question still begs, does this mean you're switching back to Bowmike?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good that you are okay and wishes to your mother. I flex my arrows often, probably not often enough, but listen for creaks.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL no it will be turkeymike for ever. LOL

But my mom is doing a lot better. It was congestive heart failure, which is pretty much fluid build up around her heart. They had to switch up the meds a little but it is more of a chronic condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts