The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the urge to shoot. Apparently the release is somewhere in the mountain since the last week of archery. Apparently dropped it dragging the buck out in the dark. It was an old Fletchhunter and the only one I ever had. I got a $100 G.C. for Dick's from X-mas and I see they carry Scotts. Which one is the best with string loops?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Don't know much about releases. I hate having to buy one because you don't know what your getting. Would be best if the stores would let you try them first or if you could try a friends. I have heard Scott Releases are a good product. I seem to remember hearing that the Mongoose by Scott is a good release. People have been telling me to get a Short N Sweet by TruBall. I think I am just going to stick with what I have and what works and hopefully don't lose it or I will be in your situation. Sorry I am not much help - maybe you will get some other replies.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
With my loop I shoot a Scotts Moongoose, its fully adjustable and a single caliper...Killer release.Cant go wrong with that one!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I see they have the Mongoose, Shark and another caliper on their website. I don't expect a big selection at Dick's but I have the $100 G.C. that has to be used.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered the Mongoose on monday from Dick's website. Used the gift card, pretty easy. Got it last night and tried it out. Shot it a few times till it stretched out, then tighted it one more hole. Last shots were dead center. Nice, smooth, release.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I shoot the Mongoose during hunting season. Don't know what kind of wrist strap came with it, but do yourself a favor and get the buckle strap if that didn't come with it. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
MarkPSU said:
Scott Lil Bitty Goose with buckle gets my vote. I've been shooting them for a long time without issue.
X2 eventhough I just switched thumb release this year and like it even more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts