The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start this by saying, before today I had never met Arrowhead(Mike). But, I changed that today...

I was having some issues with my crossbow and with some good recommendations from other forum members, while I was at my hunting cabin in Bedford County, I made the 1 hour drive west and stopped by Mike's shop. What a nice guy! You can first off tell, he cares about his customers and making them happy. Second, he knows crossbows! If you're looking for some help with your crossbow or just need some equipment or work done, I highly recommend you give Mike a call and if you can, stop by his shop.

He also is a taxidermist and has a deer farm in the back of his place. Always fun to see deer up close. Particularly a nice buck!

Anyways, my crossbow is now shooting like a champ because of Mike's advice, the new arrows he built for me and some tuning he did. If a shooter walks within 40 yards of me this year, the shows over! I am a big fan of saying thanks and recommending a company/person when they do a good job. Well, thanks again to Mike. Don't hesitate to give him a call...

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
I usually make the trek across Mount Davis to Arrowhead's shop a couple of times each fall. It is a beautiful drive for me through some great country, past High Point Lake and across the big mountain. I usually see a few deer along the way. Great place to do business and nice folks to visit. Two years ago, I stopped in to ask where to hunt in a local DMAP area on Mount Davis and he shared some of his favorite spots with me. I got a doe there that year. I'll be there again to visit sometime soon, Mike.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mike and his wife in person, but my dealings here and on the phone resulted in a great deal for last year's archery season. My granddaughter and I sat quite a few evenings with the crossbow, waiting for a harvest opportunity, it never happened, but we did some great Pop-Pop and granddaughter bonding. The mentor program and the crossbow made that possible. Thanks, Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts