The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to 20guage1 for a great hunt yesterday! The dogs ran incredible and chase is just now about recovered. The dogs pounded the rabbits for almost four hours straight but due to some poor shooting on our part we only managed four but it would have been a blast without any. The rabbits ran waaay out ahead of the dogs all day as you'll be able to see in the video. I tried to get some better video but I don't have a mount for my GoPro yet so it's really tough. Here's a video I managed to get after I shot the rabbit just so I could hear the dogs. I shot it a few yards back into the woods from where I was standing which is where the chase obviously broke down. Of course trying to film and keep track of my dog is tough as you'll see. He loves grabbing those bunnies and once he latches on it's almost impossible to get him off. Once again, what a great hunt!! We all really appreciated it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZGFAnfbgM

·
Banned
313 Posts
Nice video...Does the hero 3 not have image stabilization built in it seems like it has a constant light shake to the video like you were shivering lol? Need to teach that dog to stay down that will drive you nuts over the years.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know and believe me I've tried but so far no luck. It doesn't bother me now and it's actually pretty funny when I take new guys out. I usually forget to mention it and watch as they go to grab their first rabbit. As far as image stabilization I'll have to check but I was definitely shaking...waaaay too much coffee ;-)

·
Banned
313 Posts
Shock collar will teach him instantly not to jump up after the dead rabbit. He can still mouth or smell etc the rabbit on the ground just don't let him jump up like that. I used to have one do that drove me insane after awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.