The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As the picture shows my son had a gut shot on a doe. U can see the fletching sticking out far side rump and a blood stain on bottom of stomach. She immediately laid down. About an hour later she got up and slowly walked out of sight. Hopefully she is within 50 yds of last site in the morning.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Good Luck in the morning, my son did the same thing on a buck in Ohio.

·
Registered
18,318 Posts
marking and hoping for a great recovery. you did the best thing, sneak out and wait at least 8 to 12 hours., she will be there.

Reactions: Danesdad

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Just a question, if she laid down immediately, could he have shot her again. Good luck, hope you find her.
Sure. Any time I get an arrow in a deer, I'll keep shooting til it's dead dead. Til then, not shot is too far, no angle isn't good, I'm shooting til I'm out of arrows. The more holes the better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure. Any time I get an arrow in a deer, I'll keep shooting til it's dead dead. Til then, not shot is too far, no angle isn't good, I'm shooting til I'm out of arrows. The more holes the better.
Unfortunately we were in separate trees and he had the crossbow. And I didn’t bring my bow. He was not able to pull it back. Had no better play than sit and watch.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts