The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a month away fom a hunt in Shafter, Texas where you can hunt javelina, auodad, fox, coyote, mountain lion, and jack rabbits. All for a trespass fee. A wonderful CHRISTmas present from my awesome GF! The ranch also holds some very nice desert mule deer. They are hunted in November though. My brother found this guy while stationed at Fort Bliss. The first trip we took 5 javelina, 2 auodad, jack rabbits, and had a great hunt. We had some missed opportunities on some other critters. Bad
When we hunted his ranch we were the only ones there. Here's some pics from my last trip. The auodad was a big female and after I shot her a huge ram jumped up and I flat out missed. Hopefully I can get another crack at a big ram this time!
was very good to me this year! If anyone might be interested in a trip like this feel free to send me a pm! Good huntin'

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
[censored], I wish I could go!!!I'd for sure be divorced then after paying for ak.caribou trip.Good luck this year and I def. want to hear some details on the ranch.An auodad is something I've always wanted to chase.And I imagine west Texas is nice this time of year

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
I would definitely like to try a Texas hunt sometime...I don't think I would want to hunt whitetails there though....not my setting.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hunter8319 said:
Was the javelina good eating?
Didn't try it last hunt! I donated the meat but this time if we get any I'm going to give it a try. Been researching recipes on the internet. Some say it's terrible and others say it's good. I guess I'll have to judge for myself. One things for sure they smell terrible!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RatherBeHunting said:
Congrats Bob on a great hunt! Enjoyed the pics, Thanks for sharing.

+1 on the auodad hunt.
Thanks Kevin! A big tan ram would look great right next to that white one!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts