The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some time yesterday to test my new crossbow. I have a Cyclone Express 175 in A-Tac camo. First impressions are that it is very fast. It shot 364 - 368 f.p.s. through my chronograph using our custom Victory arrows. I had groups that had all three arrows touching at 20 yards. The Fusion vanes held up to the abuse of being hit, the nocks didn't do so well and I'll be replacing a few.

I really like the string stoppers as they cut the noise and vibration to a tolerable level. There is still a hint of vibration in the foot stirrup and a pair of Limbsaver split limb Quads has taken care of that.

The serving wear was a bit more than I expected it would be. I got 60 shots from the factory serving. I replaced it with Halo and it appears to be doing better, but this is a high performance bow and I don't expect more than 100-200 shots from the Halo servings. You get the speed but give something up for it. (there is always a trade-off) I've got some ideas for serving that I will be testing on this bow.

Overall, it's a very accurate, very fast high performance bow. It is quiet for the speed it produces. The trigger is same as last year. All Parker models use the G2 trigger box and it's as good as most crossbow triggers.

I may be switching back to the Tornado. I still like it better and I'm not sure the Cyclone is going to "grow" on me. I thought it would, but the more I shoot it, the more I wish for my old Tornado. It is more of a personal thing than anything else. I absolutely love the feel and balance of the Tornado and it's stock. The Cyclone is not as comfortable to shoot and is just a bit front heavy. Nothing like last years model, but still noticable and not as user friendly as the Tornado. Time will tell and there is much more testing to come.

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Yep, quite a bit of serving wear on the factory string after 50 shots or so from my 08 Cyclone. High speeds come with a price. Probably why moderate speeds seem to be what the customer demands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts