The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i took a 2016 RAM limited and a 2016 F-150 Lariat for a ride and liked them both. If I had choose on one to buy it woud be hard. both are very expensive.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
joe8768 said:
so far i took a 2016 RAM limited and a 2016 F-150 Lariat for a ride and liked them both. If I had choose on one to buy it woud be hard. both are very expensive.
Lariat is a higher end package, XLT is a mid line package and probably a few thousand less.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
good ole boy said:
Anybody wantin to buy a truck with all of that pansy stuff doesn,t really need a truck in the first place.
Power steering and power brakes are for sissies!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Danesdad said:
good ole boy said:
Anybody wantin to buy a truck with all of that pansy stuff doesn,t really need a truck in the first place.
Un-Fortunately those "options" are standard
Same with crank window handles and plain old AM radio!
I did downgrade to vinyl floor instead of plush sissy carpet in my 2016 F150

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Wald Jager said:
Danesdad said:
good ole boy said:
Un-Fortunately those "options" are standard
Same with crank window handles and plain old AM radio!
I did downgrade to vinyl floor instead of plush sissy carpet in my 2016 F150
These kids today...they don't know what a REAL truck is!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In 1980 I use to drive around in 1977 International Scout that had no insulation in the doors. In 1984 I had to get a blazer that had AC. and PW.

At my age, I am looking for comfort with all the miles I will be putting on it in the near future being a snowbird.

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is silly... (It won't let me post!!)

Just Google:

USA Today Here's the one pickup truck that aced safety group's crash tests

It gives the rankings of how each truck did...

Only three out of seven full-size pickup trucks crash tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway earned an acceptable rate or higher when it comes to its toughest safety test, according to results released Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
It was on the evening and morning news shows. Ram was the worst. Chevy and Tundra's were mediocre. Ford rated good. I might trade in the old Ram on a Ford now.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Look at the Tacoma's not full size but solid truck I have 2006 BOUGHT NEW and it's never let me down. ok yea they've had their share of recalls nothing major.. rock solid..

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
For whatever it's worth,I've put about 9,000 miles on my F-150 since I bought it in December and I'm really liking it so far. I've seen so many Dodge Ram's on the road that are complete rust buckets. I'd never go there.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jeff, I don't want any more little trucks. It'll be a full size, 8' bed, 4X4. You just have to order them. Wife's Rav 4 is waiting for an engine rebuild. It failed the dealer's oil consumption test. She has a stack of recalls she's had done. My BIL lost his fishing/towing vehicle last year, while his Tacoma frame was being replaced. My Ram is 14 yrs. old with no problems. Just starting to look at new.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Had a friend who lives by our camp almost lose his house because his 2010 ram caught fire inside his garage about 4 weeks ago. I got a text a few days ago.Buddies daughter pick up a brand new 2016 ram didn't make it 6 miles from the dealer.caught on fire! Both trucks total. My son-in-law has a 2012 ram. NICE TRUCK. I drive Silverado's. But thought real hard about getting a new ram. I like the looks and power from the hemi motor.BUTTTT Alot of recalls coming for Dodges and Jeeps. Going to wait and see how it shakes out

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sold my last Ram with over 260k on it. Rode hard and put away wet. Never let me down. It definitely wasn't a grocery getter. A week before I sold it I had gotten it stuck in a corn field. Looking for another.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anybody know what truck has the better turning radius between theses two trucks (RAM - F150) my 2012 Frontier is horrible.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
The turning radius for the F150 varies from 20.35' for a regular cab with a 6.5' bed to 26.5' for a super crew with the 6.5' bed.

The Ram 1500 turning radius is tighter... varying between 19.74' to 24'. (Couldn't find which cab and bed combos these numbers pertain to.) I feel your pain with the Frontier. I had a 2002 Crew Cab with the 6' bed and it was a bear to park.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WexfordBowhunter said:
The turning radius for the F150 varies from 20.35' for a regular cab with a 6.5' bed to 26.5' for a super crew with the 6.5' bed.

The Ram 1500 turning radius is tighter... varying between 19.74' to 24'. (Couldn't find which cab and bed combos these numbers pertain to.) I feel your pain with the Frontier. I had a 2002 Crew Cab with the 6' bed and it was a bear to park.
my truck also has the 6 foot bed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts