The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear on the news that omamma wants terrorists to have no rights,thrown in jail right away,sit in jail maybe forever no trial dates or lawyers----is this how the gun owners are going to be treated?? rounded up and put in prison camps maybe even exterminated??

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You mean Obama wants to treat terrorists the same way Bush did? That's terrible!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The Declaration of Independance states that our rights are endowed by God, not by government; therefore government can not take away our inalienable rights--even terrorists. Besides, the guy who stole my riding mower is probably a coward too; should he be stripped of his rights?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Our rights, not the rights of foreign nationals that are bound and determined to kill and maim Americans. They have no rights in this country and they are not part of an organized army of any country so the Geneva Convention should not apply either.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I doubt Thomas Jefferson was saying that only Americans were endowed with inalienable rights.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The British solution to this problem was to use obsolete, captured, or damaged ships as prisons. Conditions here were appalling, and as many men died imprisoned as were killed in actual combat. While the Continental Army named a commissary to supply them, the task was almost impossible. Elias Boudinot, as one of these commissaries, was competing with other agents seeking to gather supplies for Gen. George Washington's army at Valley Forge.

Some British and Hessian prisoners were paroled to American farmers. Their labor made up for shortages caused by the number of men serving in the American army. Usually their return was room and board, supplied by the contractor.
http://www.myrevolutionarywar.com/pow/

I cannot find much on how captured British troops were treated, but it seems American prisoners were treated rather poorly. Since at that time Americans hardly were able to supply their own army with what they needed do you really think British prisoners were treated very well? The article says some were used on farms, some enlisted in the American army, and some were traded in prisoner exchanges. What about the remainder how were those men treated?

Early in the war I read that the British were actually hanging American prisoners. Terrorists are less then any uniformed solder some try to make them criminals. I say no they are ENEMY combatants they are at war with us in their Jihad (Muslim holy war). We must see that we are at war with these terrorists and terrorists are SPIES out of uniform. What is the traditional treatment of spies???

There is nothing wrong with recognizing that men have certain rights such as life. But, when someone is coming after you unprovoked trying to kill you that person's right to life goes away.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The traditional treatment for spies and others who violate rules of war is execution--AFTER a trial. Civilized professional soldiers (like I was) follow the rules, even when the other enemy doesn't.

·
Registered
431 Posts
gunwalker said:
The traditional treatment for spies and others who violate rules of war is execution--AFTER a trial. Civilized professional soldiers (like I was) follow the rules, even when the other enemy doesn't.
I'll agree with you on giving them a trial before executing them. For the sake of conversation do you think it should be a military or civilian trial for terrorist caught planning an attack on a civilian target which would result in the death of Americans?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Stetam, armies having been killing civilians deliberatly since the Basic Combat Ammo Issue was two rocks. Bosnia and Serbia, both sides in WWI and II, burning Washington in 1812, both sides in the Napoleonic wars, British burning port towns in the Revolution, Catholics and Protestants duing the Thirty Years War in Europe, countless medieval sieges, Genghis Khans's piles of skulls outside the walls of captured cities, Rome's slaughter of the people of Carthage, Greeks and Trojans, etc.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Murder is a civil crime when conducted by un-uniformed civilians. When conducted by uniformed national forces, it's a court martial. Either way, there's a trial

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Well since there crime is always murder or attempted murder and they are a serious flight risk they could wait in prison for there trial. Not sure if they would survive long enough in San Quentin to get to trial, but then they couldn't say they were being treated any differently than any other criminal.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Amen to that. I don't advocate coddling badguys, but we need to do things by the book. That's one of things that seperates us from them.

·
Super Moderator
4,702 Posts
The contents of the book needs to be shortened.Our soldiers wear uniforms identifying them.A terrorist wearing street clothes with a bomb underneath compares to a civilian.How do you tell?Terrorists don't play by the rules.A new book for them needs and is being written.New laws need to apply to them.Will civilians die?Yes but the terrorists are killing many more than accidental kills by soldiers.Our soldiers commit a crime even if they shoot a civilian accidentally.They go to jail.Terrorists claim to be civilians forced to do something.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
brubincam said:
I hear on the news that omamma wants terrorists to have no rights,thrown in jail right away,sit in jail maybe forever

He also promised to close Club Gitmo.

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
oh and trerrorist should be called cowards cause thats what they are, same with the guy who stole your mower, if i caught either they would get the same justice

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
So, you were in the military. Many of us were. Was the military you were in playing baseball? Was it some sort of game your military tought you to play where fairness and form were the key to winning? Maybe Cricket perhaps? Whatever it takes to defeat the enemy is what needs to be done. In your world it would appear that an advantage to the US military is unallowed. A person or an organization that wants to bring down the US via violent means is an enemy combatant (I don't give a rip what the law says) and does not deserve a trial. They deserve to be killed as they killed, or would have killed, Americans.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The above is harsh but I must agree with it. When you have people who believe anything they do is fine as long as they claim it is with the approval of their diety you must use extraordinary methods. These people understand one thing only, brute force!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts