The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since this bow debuted last year as a special edition, I was drawn to the look and lines that she had. Always had a soft spot for the tactical look and the Tactical XLT fits the bill quite nicely.

It arrived yesterday afternoon and I took no time to open up the box and inspect the contents. As usual, the packaging was nice with six arrows, all the tools you needed, clear instructions, BowJax silencing kit and TenPoint bumper sticker.

Assembly was a breeze and I spent this morning getting her set up for filming the the upcoming Pa turkey season which opens next Saturday. Having shot the Carbon Elite last year, the Tactical XLT felt like my favorite pair of jeans when I brought it to the shoulder. First shot hit the edge of the bullseye at twenty. A slight windage adjustment and she was laying them in there. I backed off to forty ranges and another few arrows with small windage and speed dial tweaks was all it took to get it done to have the aiming dots set out to fifty yards.

Shooting the Easton FMJ, Lumenoks and RamCats for turkeys. They should do the trick. The Easton FMJ look like they were made for this bow.

On a related note, during some morning scouting today, this longbeard walked right past me at 25 yards.:)

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was just sitting there listening and he walked right past me.

Camera was a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix. Had the optical zoom pegged at 10X.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Sweet looking bow. I'm hoping to have a Stealth SS on one of my hooks this fall! It's a toss up really between that and a Matrix 380. Decisions...decisions...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts