The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start off by saying I have an Excalibur Equinox. I'm looking at buying a Tenpoint Stealth fx4. Going to shoot one tomorrow. Most tenpoints I have handled when I pull them up I have to burry my face down, in order to see through the scope. Why is that? I love my Excalibur but am looking at something narrow as well. Thanks...Shuey

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
All of us are different in our shapes and sizes. A cheap set of higher rings would help solve this for you if you like the features of the TenPoint. They are tough to beat when it comes to reliability and narrowness up front.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot the Micro. I thought it was harder to cock than my Equinox. I'm not getting rid of the 'Nox but want to go narrow. How are the Tenpoint arrows? I shoot Goldtip GT II's from Arrowhead out of my Equinox.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
shuey 270 said:
How are the Tenpoint arrows? I shoot Goldtip GT II's from Arrowhead out of my Equinox.
As with most arrows that come with factory package bows, the arrows supplied with TenPoints are OK. Most factory package arrows are the low end of the various arrow manufacturers offerings. The factory arrows will shoot pretty good but most eventually upgrade to higher quality shafts. Victory XBolts, Black Eagle Executioners, Gold Tip Laser II, IIIs etc...

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I can build you some very good arrows for the FX4. It's basically the same bow as last season's Venom. The Venom was one of the most accurate crossbows I have ever had the opportunity to shoot. The Venom and Vapor are hands down, two of the most accurate crossbows I have ever fired. As mentioned above a set of high base scope rings should do the trick.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The FX is an awesome crossbow. It's right at the top of the speed range where everything comes together and works well and without sacrificing reliability and shoot-ability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts