The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes. With the Stealth FX4 you could sight the first wire at 20 and the second at 40. Your pins would be around 8 inches apart at 30 yards. The kill zone of a deer is basically a 10 inch circle. A rangefinder is not really needed if you forget it at home with this system. You will need to get familiar with it but it's a very effective way to set it up. It's also very fast to range a deer.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Really depends on how you shoot and hunt.

The ProView will be set up to shoot the factory arrows at 10-20-30-40 etc.. If you are one tinker around with different arrows, broadheads, and other combination, that can throw off the impact points and you cannot adjust them. If you don't play around with arrows much, and plan to stay with the factory offerings or other similar weight arrows, the ProView will be nice.

I have used several RangeMasters. I never used the illumination on mine. All that is to me is extra weight I don't need. I like the light gathering better than the ProView and the Rangemasters reticle can be tweaked to accommodate different impact trajectories. I change arrows a lot so this works well for me. Overall, it is also heavier. So if weight is a factor, that is something to consider.

Best of luck with your choice. Either one will work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts