The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this week I am gonna order myself a new crossbow. I am looking at either the tenpoint titan extreme or Excalibur matrix 330. I don't really have a preference on recurve vs compound. I am just looking for quality and reliability and the lifetime warranty. does any have these and any input on likes and disikes. thanks

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Simplicity,reliability,and basically not many parts to fail in a recurve design compared to a compound style is huge to me.Sacrificing a little less mobility is a small tradeoff when the pros of a recurve style are huge in my opinion.Just my .02.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I prefer the Excels if you want quality, reliability and a lifetime warranty. Go on Excels forum and ask some questions. I like them because they are simple to use. Try changing a string on a wheeled Xbow. While they may be a little louder I never had a deer complain about the noise. By the time they heard the bow the arrow was through them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently got the 10 point Turbo and love it. Its great in a stand compare to the long limbs. I have owned the top 3 makers (Brrnett, 10 point, and excal. The 10 point gets the prize. I have never tried the titan, but the turbo is the same frame, different limbs. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to Heritage Guild in Easton and their stores are selling all Excalibur at wholesale because they are not going to carry them anymore. Just in case anyone else is looking. I am still undecided, guy at the store was trying to push parker on me.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
You can't go wrong with either Excal or Tenpoint. Both bows should last a long time and both have great customer service if you ever need it. Go with whatever one you like the best. I prefer the recurve design, but that is just me. If I was going to buy a compound it would most likely be from Tenpoint or it's affiliate brands (Horton and Wicked Ridge)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Did i read someone say Parker? I never shot a tenpoint. Excal loud. That turn me away. I did test shot before i bought my parker tornado f4. I very happy with my parker.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Either are fine bows.

The cost down the road is cheaper on Excalibur recurves because you only have to replace a string @$30, where all those cables can be up to @ $200.

I had a dealer dry fire an Excalibur .... not recommended! BUT, the limbs did not explode or crack ... that's a good bow.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Strings and cables are $55 here. I wish I could get someone to pay me $200. Take a look at the new Horton Legend Ultra Lite. It's $50 more than the Titan but lighter and really adjustable. The buttplate and comb adjust to fit the user. Itt's also one of the more quiet crossbows out there, as it read under 80 db on my meter. Really nice crossbow in my opinion. Well worth a look. The Matrix 330 is also a good crossbow. No doubt about that. Pick the one that suits your hunting style the best.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was starting to lean towards the tenpoint and then finally found a matrix in a shop and loved the feel. I wish it came with an illuminated scope though. I will be the Excalibur. thanks for all your input

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Hawke makes some good illuminated scopes that won't break the bank if you decide to upgrade. Good Luck with the new bow!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I placed the order and should have my new toy next week. Then begins the accessory buying. Anyone have any idea on a good bolt, saw a lot of people like executioners or gold tip laser 2 with brass inserts. Also good broadhead to shoot out of excaliburs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts