The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my fx4 for the 3rd session last night. First 2 shots were good then missed the target at 20 yards. Lower right limb is broke! Don't think it has 50 shots through it. I will be taking it back to the archery shop tomorrow. Glad I still have my Excalibur Equinox!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the bow to the pro shop Thursday. They were sending it back the same day. Hope it comes back soon!

·
Registered
19,536 Posts
Bad deal and a rare occurrence. TenPoint will get it done quickly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a Tenpoint Stealth years ago. Kept having trouble with the bow since it was brand new. Kept going back to the archery shop and Ohio for repairs. After 5 or so repairs I was out hunting one day and I noticed the timing was off on the cams. Sent the bow back to Ohio and got it corrected. A month later the limb broke. Tenpoint then repaired it for free. You might want to check the timing. I think it must be simple to mess up when someone works on the string. I never had any more problems after mine was retuned by Tenpoint.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pro shop thought it looked like screws loose that hold limbs on. Limb slid out? We'll see how long it takes. Shot my Excalibur Equinox just in case it doesn't make it back by archery season.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Had a limb break on my wicked ridge last year. The bow shop sent it out on Monday and got it back from Ten Point Wednesday. The bow shop said they try to fix it and ship it back out the same day they get the bow.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got off the phone with ten point. They said my bow is in line to be fixed. It will be at least another 2 weeks!!! Very disappointed. I guess I should have stuck with Excalibur. Glad my Equinox is here and driving tacks.

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
shuey 270 said:
Just got off the phone with ten point. They said my bow is in line to be fixed. It will be at least another 2 weeks!!! Very disappointed. I guess I should have stuck with Excalibur. Glad my Equinox is here and driving tacks.
If you are so proud and happy with Excalibur why did you buy another brand in the first place?

·
Registered
182 Posts
That ten point is a solid bow! They will get it straightened out. I personally like the simplicity of an excal but I would buy a ten point without hesitation if I wanted one with weels.

·
Registered
19,536 Posts
Surprised that it will take a week but it is crazy season for bow manufacturers. More bows are drawn and damaged during September than any other month.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it back today! Had to pay the pro shop shipping both ways. Is that the norm? Hope the rain stops to get her sighted back in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts