The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a mint browning bps what ammo are you guys using and where do you get it ?????????? thank you for yotes I am looking

·
Registered
927 Posts
Iv read in a book I have on predator calling the prefered load it copper plated bb shot in the 10, im sure hevi shot make a goose load for it, I was 2 sec from buying an HR 10ga single shot that must have weight 5#, but after shooting one in 3 in 12 with a turkey load and full choke im sure glad I didnt! But I would like very much to have a pump or semi

·
Registered
927 Posts
For the price of all that why not just buy a shot shell press and a bag of #4 buck just load your own. Shotgun shells only use a small amount of pistol powder, after you get a small supply of factory stuff you could have a whole setup, look at a Lee load all. I belive thwy are 50$ plus shells, shot ect.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Or you can load them with a socket set and a punch but if I describe how this works we will probaly have some know better foaming at the mouth

·
Registered
653 Posts
Winchester #2's or Federal BB's pattern fantastic out to 55 yrds. Mine with a Hastings 685 and a 30" tube my brothers with a Kicks 690 and a 26" tube. A fox won't get thruogh the pattern at that range. As for the HR 10 it has an iron rod in the forearm to help with the recoil, if it only weighed 5 lbs. the rod was taken out. Mine weighs alot more than 5 lbs. Winchester makes the best #4 buck load I've found and Federal the best 00 buck load. Both are a little hard to find. Another option you might want to try is the factory modifed choke and Steel T shot. All the testing I've done this is a solid 50 yrd. goose combo and the T shot have enough weight and size to dump any coyote inside that range and recoil is alot less. You won't find a better choke for steel than the factory mod. my brother and I have tried about everyone made. I've shot alot of geese with that combo but not any fox or coyotes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts