The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked up at my indoor/outdoor digital thermometer and it says 101 degrees, and it is under the roof of my back deck in the shade. I know that is correct because right next to the remote sensor is a standard round clock face Harley Davidson thermometer and it is reading the same. It has been unbearable here for weeks.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
92 deg, 71% humid, - South Carolina.

Heat index - unknown.

93 deg tomorrow.....

Cooler weather on the way.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
It was Brutal here in my neck today. It was Too hot to do anything I would like to do or say normally would do on a sunny Sunday.
Scouting , target shooting, fishing, checking cams were not even considered today.
A couple Coldies and HPA was about it for me today after my knee replacement workouts.

·
Registered
20,433 Posts
I worked the last three days ,where temperatures varied between 86 and 100 degrees and humidity from 58 to 96 percent. I might be five pounds lighter than I was before the weekend.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I took the grandkids to Seneca Hills by Franklin this afternoon. Can't imagine sleeping in the cabins tonight I was soaking wet just standing in the cabin.

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
It was 97 here today then add the humidity. On my way home from camp I saw a guy lying at the edge of the road. I quickly turned around and a lady was getting out of her car and calling 911. Two others stopped and together we got him off the roadside and up into a persons yard under shade, he was really overheated and incoherent. The two guys talked to him and I ran to my vehicle and got a bottle of water. He took two sips and laid there, The ambulance was there real quick and they assessed him and asked if he wanted to go to the hospital and he finally agreed. We then helped the ambulance crew load him up and into the ambulance and away he went. It sure was hot today.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
High temperatures and climbing mountains will pressure test your vehicle...If your vehicle has a problem either way will usually show you the issues you did not know about...

·
Registered
589 Posts
In 4b, the temp was 106. My digital thermometer is in the direct sun for most of the morning till afternoon. Spent some time in the pool. Last nite at 10:00 it was still 81....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
:crying:I was out on the Delaware River for the Catfish Tournament Sunday, called it at 9:30am, back at the launch ramp by 10:00, and it was 99degrees then.......5D:crying:

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
The idea for the song Summer in the City came from a poem that John Sebastian’s 15 year old brother, Mark, wrote........

The song was a collaboration between John Sebastian, The Lovin Spoonful's bassist Steve Boone, and the frontman's brother (and non-group member) Mark Sebastian. Mark was 15 years old when he wrote a poem that John used as the basis for the song - John especially liked the part that went, "But at night there's a different world."

"That song that came from an idea my brother Mike had," John Sebastian recalled to Uncut magazine June 2014. "He had this great chorus, and the release was so big. I had to create some kind of tension at the front end to make it even bigger. That's where that jagged piano part comes from."

Boone came up with the middle eight, which John thought sounded like the Gershwin composition "An American in Paris," where the orchestra implies the sound of traffic and city noises. This gave him the idea of incorporating car horns and other city ambiance into the track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts