The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped to get some gas today. A state trooper in an unmarked car pulled in next to me to get gas also. I started talking to him and told him thanks for his service and that there are a lot of us out here who support them unlike the idiots in Dallas and now TN and GA as well.

You could tell that he really appreciated the comments and we stood and talked for a while. If you see your officers out in the field, let them know that you support and appreciate them and not everyone is against them.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I gave a guy a ticket, many years ago, and he kept dropping names on me, I told him you tell Lt. ----- what a fine job I am doing out here..

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gotten a couple speeding tickets in my time, but it's been a while. I can't even get upset about it if I do get one. There have been enough instances where I was speeding and expected to get pulled over and didn't, that if I get one now I probably deserve it anyway.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I did that very thing at a car show last week . The officer heaved a heavy sigh and said : Thank you very much . You have no idea how much that means to myself and my fellow officers in these trying times . Sadly , I do understand Sir . May God Bless & protect you .

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
At the end of the day when all the [censored] settles it's them against us!
Us being the hard working law abiding citizens and that includes the Cops!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Great post!!!

It makes me sick how these fine men and woman continually get bashed by the media and some of the public.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
kudu58 said:
I stopped to get some gas today. A state trooper in an unmarked car pulled in next to me to get gas also. I started talking to him and told him thanks for his service and that there are a lot of us out here who support them unlike the idiots in Dallas and now TN and GA as well.

You could tell that he really appreciated the comments and we stood and talked for a while. If you see your officers out in the field, let them know that you support and appreciate them and not everyone is against them.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Guys get paid crap, put their lives and their families welfare on the line every day, listen to whiners like me sometimes, shows up alone in the middle of the night when some [censored] is beating the crap out of his other half in the middle of the night with a gun, goes home and doesn't say or ask for a thing. I don't really know where we are going with all this crap but until then I'll give a guy with a badge all the help I can.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Does anyone ever stop and think the number of times Police Officers have not so friendly interactions with civilians be it car stops,domestics,suspicious persons,robberies,etc.and nothing serious happens. I can't guess the number but probably in the tens of thousands. Now times that by 365. Law of average is sooner or later something is going to go wrong. No cop wants to shoot and or kill anyone.When you look at those numbers it's going to happen and the other sad part of this is Police Officers will continue to be killed. The other part is lets face the truth young black males are committing a high percentage of the crimes in the US today. That's why they populate our prisons at the high numbers they do. I listened to" you are only stopping me because I'm black" for 33 years.My answer would be well we just had a robbery or what ever had happened committed by a black male, I would be pretty stupid stopping a white guy. I arrested allot of people and I will tell you more blacks than white. Sorry Mr.Politician but they did the crimes. As far as thanking Police Officers,I remember the day after 9/11, stopping for coffee and a lady came up to me,hugged me and said Thank You. I will never forget that and not afraid to say I teared up. Thanks for reading. Say a prayer for all our Police Officers, I do every night I have many good friends out there with badges, one is my son.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I know there are a few Law enforcement officers as HPA members . On that note , without having local rallies that may put more LEO's at risk , what or how would be the best way to show support to our local LEO's ? Local radio talk shows ? Ask our local news paper if they would run a special edition dedicated to local LEOs like they do for VETs on Memorial Day ? Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
19,962 Posts
Until now I never even thought about it. Anytime I had dealings with the police I gave them the respect they deserved, never felt there was anything personal on their part that it was all part of the job.
Nobody deserves as part of their job to be shot at.

When I got out of the Navy I went back to Philadelphia for a bit and actually walked into the Municipal Services building and took the police test. Figured they were going to give me 10 points for being a vet and the pay wasn't awful.
I scored high on the test, completed the physical and background and had a date to start at the academy. A little voice inside of me told me I wasn't the right person for that job with the temperament I developed over the past 3 and a half years so I didn't show up and believe still to this day it was the right thing to do.

I have a lot of friends that were/are police and paid fireman and they bust on each other all the time how the cops are all a bunch of donut eaters and how the fireman show up to remove a cat from a tree and everybody cheers but cops show up at a brawl and suddenly everybody is fighting them.

Lets face it the police do what most can't do or don't want to do for themselves. Just like when everyone is running out of a burning building and fireman are running in, when there is someone committing a crime or something was stolen they call the cops and they always come knowing bad things could happen.
Just like there are bad teachers, doctors, priests there are also bad cops, but that is the individual person, nothing the whole profession should be judged on.

Its nice to know if you need help someone is coming or watching out for us even-though we might not be aware of it.
If 9/11 didn't show people the true dedication LEO's and firefighters have then they are beyond hope.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Any LE that I see in the mini market gets his coffee paid for(anominouslly ?) been doing that since 9/11. It's not much but it's what I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts