The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone can volunteer as Captain to keep your team score. Or, we will total it up at the end.

Hunt4ever
fragmag
dbl lung
kswiggy
Jj4d

·
Registered
725 Posts
Woooooo! Team 6, guess who's up for the statewide opener and has had a few cups of coffee already? Good luck fella's!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just got back to Tioga after away at a wedding. Looks like tomorrow afternoon after work will be my first day. Good luck team 6.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good luck team 6, I hunt 1a and 2d. I hunt both private and public ground. I have quite a few shooters on trail cam and plenty of doe around. Was out Saturday and I had 4 fawns in range but no doe came in close enough, I also had 2 non legal bucks in shooting range as well. I saw over 20 deer so it was still a good day. Especially the weather!! I cant remember a nicer opening day of archery.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I could have shot a doe Saturday evening, but wanted to wait a little. Plenty of season left to shoot a doe.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hey guys. Hunting out of 4A primarily. Hunting SGL 147 and around 200 acres of private. Opening day had 4 doe at 64yds, too far. Sat last night and the thunderstorms chased me out. Back at it Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hey fellas. Checking in via 5c.
I have yet to be out yet except for a pm hunt on gamelands which was overrun by dove hunters. Should be out next week. This weather stinks.
Humid and tons of skeeters makes it tough to hunt. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Totally quiet here in Tioga so far. I only saw 2 doe all season. 6 pm sits and 1 am sit. Going to start rattling on Saturday am and planning all day sit in Tioga state forest.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Saturday is looking pretty bad weather wise. Make no mistake, I'll be out regardless, but it sure isn't ideal. I'm going to sit 75yds downwind of bedding as the wind will be right for that. I should get some eyes on one of my target bucks or at least find some sign.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I harvested a nice 6 point last night with a 12" inside spread and 16" outside, I thought it was an 8 but it had no brow tines, I shot it off the ground behind my new house I purchased in September, it was cool to harvest a deer on my own property. So it would score 23 pts.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good job hunt4ever. Did you happen to take a pic of it? You have to take a pic in order to get the points with tag in ear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts