The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Slickshot checking in. I`ll be mostly hunting close to home again this season here in Allegheny Co. Good Luck to all.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hey guys. Just checking in. I have a lot of stuff going on with work right now and in the middle of remodeling my kitchen. It’s going to be a few weeks until I start hunting. I haven’t been in the woods at all the last month. I did take the last week of the season off from work. I’m going to start shooting more regularly this week and hopefully get some cams out. I have some pretty good rut spots to hunt that don’t require any scouting. Between work, kids and life my woods time seems to become less and less every year. It makes me appreciate my time a tree more though. Good lucks guys and have fun.

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Checking in late. had some deer by the stand early before daylight and of course They did not stay around for when it was shooting light. Buddy hit a doe around 745. Got out of the stand to help him track it. Found it about 2.5 hours later. Hit a little back and got the liver. His first deer with the bow so had fun tracking it and having him enjoy his first archery deer. I'll be out again saturday. i work an off shift so i tend to hunt a lot of morning during the week along with every saturday. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
209 Posts
After a hectic week, I’m finally going to be able to get back in the stand tonight. Good luck to everyone and let’s see some success this weekend.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok, let’s see if this works. Sorry,, it’s not the best picture, but it was late by the time I got her back to the garage, and I wanted to get her cooled down.
URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/wsteetle/media/8F94AE3E-C424-4DC3-9071-9DD6A1BD84C7_zpsnp4jspvf.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I’m shooting a Blacktail Columbian Longbow. [email protected], and using 200gr vpa three blade broadheads. It was about a 8 yard shot. Because of the angle, I had to go a touch higher to drive it down in. She went about 60 yards.
That`s simply awesome to get a deer with a long bow, congrats again and good luck on a buck....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice job. That’s pretty impressive being you used a long bow. A couple more weeks before I start hunting. I’ve been seeing quite a few road kill bucks during my work travels. They must be starting to split up a little bit.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I just got back team from a roadtrip to southern Ohio. You could skate on white acorns in a lot of places. I did locate what I think is a good buck by his rubs and tracks. I didn't find the buck sign until about 1:00 Sunday afternoon and it was too late and too hot to walk 2 miles to get my gear and back that evening to hunt. I will be back when it's a little cooler. I plan on hunting Pa. hard just wish it would cool down.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I`ve been waiting for a cool down, so Friday will be my 1st time out. I have a few shooters on my trail cams, so I`ll be hoping to make it 4 years in a row out of the same tree stand here in 2B....Good Luck guys....

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Can't wait for Saturday with these cooler temps. I was hoping to get out Friday but I need to finish getting my gear ready for a trip out west. Have a couple nice bucks on cam and tons of doe and two doe tags burning a hole in my pocket. Good luck to all this weekend.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I Shot a 8pt today that`s 4 in a row out of the same tree stand and 8 in a row with my Hoyt Compound....I will need some help posting pics, I can never seem to get them posted....Thanks...

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I Shot a 8pt today that`s 4 in a row out of the same tree stand and 8 in a row with my Hoyt Compound....I will need some help posting pics, I can never seem to get them posted....Thanks...

Congrats Slick, I send you a PM on where to send pictures and I will post them. Also don't forget to post a score when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts