The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Small Doe down... 2F... 35 yard shot with Horton Storm RDX and "China-Rage" broadhead - Went maybe 50 yards literally loosing internal organs along the way... Will post a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
877 Posts
My wife and Son both missed the same 5pt buck about 5 min apart... I passed on a doe in the mourning that came in with another doe and a small buck, but took this one right at last light. I didn't realize it was a yearling button buck till after tracking it out. It was in the tall Golden Rods at the field edge when i shot it - so made size judgment a little challenging.... Tiz ok though, i still got 2 DMAP and a Buck tag left to fill.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good luck team,Finally got out today felt good to be in stand again. Seen a 2 bucks in am not a great weather day but was just glad to get out, 1 buck was a 5 pt the other a 1/2 rack spike. Went back out tonight and seen 2 does and a nice 8 but only seen him for like 15 seconds and he walked the other way. I"m not going to be out till the last 3 weeks of season due to my job so good luck and hope i can help the team out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I"ll be out in morning 2nd time out. My boss gave me tommorow off after 14 straight 14 hr days. Be hunting new stand location,got 2 shooters on cam and im close to their bedding area the 10 is 150ish the 8 1"d say pushing 130.and both have shown in daytime a number of times. My son has been out and seen both bucks twice but too far for shot. Hes seen 16 bucks so far this season,a bunch of 2/1/2 yr olds.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well plan didnt go as planned no deer in AM at new stand site but did bust a coyote at 18 yds they came from area i was figuring the deer would come from 2 of them at 7:30am. Went back out to different stand in evening and busted the big 8 out 20 yds from stand why he bed in wide open instead of the thick stuff on each side of stand go figure,never jumped a deer by that stand before. The other coyote came threw a little while later that i seen in am know its the same one due to it being blond color no shot. and seen a spike at last shooting light. Back to work in am and wont get out till last 2 weeks i figure.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Getting about time to "get after it" around this area. Starting to see a little buck/doe movement finally... 3 dead along my route home from work this mourning.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Between Turkey hunters and Black Bears, my No#1 stand location has been overrun this season.... Then ad in all the friggin Rain, it's been a tough year thus far.
Got a couple more days left though - i'm thinking about taking off tomorrow night so I can hunt all day Thursday, Friday, and some of Saturday.... Good luck team!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks that way...… I believe my doe kill was the only one? Was definitely a tough year thus far with all the rain and high winds around here, plus all the Turkey hunters that over ran my prime location this year. Only bucks I seen were over 100 yards away and wouldn't come any closer.... And of coarse, NOW the weather finally gets nice!!!! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts