The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good luck fellas, have a couple nice ones I have my eyes on.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Good luck everyone! I saw a couple fox first thing then a sow with 3 cubs came in at 28 yards and hung around awhile. Hopefully tonight I'll see a deer :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good luck guys! Saw 7 does this morning in 5B. Had one at 12 yards that I would've shot but it had a very small fawn with her. The fawn was too little and its too early in the season for me to shoot the momma doe. Will be back out this evening.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Couldn’t hunt this morning. Lost my beloved yellow lab. Will take me some time to recoup but I’m pretty confident I’ll help the team out when it’s all said and done.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Couldn’t hunt this morning. Lost my beloved yellow lab. Will take me some time to recoup but I’m pretty confident I’ll help the team out when it’s all said and done.
Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Thanks fellas. My Hannah was my best friend.

Went out this evening and saw a bunch of does and a small buck.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey guys. Any idea if this contest is for deer out of Pennsylvania, too? I'm going to Kentucky then PA at the end of October.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah first week of November I’m heading to Montana for a mule.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tonight makes 5 bear, 2 fox, and 1 doe total for the season. You know when bear comes in I won't be able to find one😀

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Last night saw a bunch of doe and 2 scrub bucks. One of the scrub bucks was mildly harassing the does. One of the does was going up to the one small buck and doing the tease routine. Then all the does would run 50 yrds away

Pretty early for this type activity up here though i wouldn't characterize it as anything exciting.

Compared to some years where I wouldn't see a single deer the first few days up to a week, the season looks like it will be pretty exciting.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah I saw two decent 8s sparring next to me. I’m not that guy but seems a lot of guys been seeing some sort of activity starting. I do hunt pittsburgh deer though. I’m off for Cday on Monday so gonna head to camp for a long weekend. 2F warren county. Though I’m after two monsters behind the house. I got a big 10 last year so time will tell.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Bigherm,

Where in Warren County?

We have a camp about 5 miles south of Sugar Grove. Hunting at home for the time being.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nothing moving tonight around my area. I saw zero from stand, zero on the walk out, zero on the way home, and my wife saw zero around the house. Very odd.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Saw at least 20 this evening. Hunting a stand by my house. They were all over the place. 3 buck, a dink and two I would consider shooting later in the season. The dink was the only buck within shooting range and he was putting his antlers on everything and mildly harassing does.

Sort of in shock I'm getting this kind of action. In previous years, I'd be pretty happy to see a couple of does this early.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Bigherm,

You're not too far away from me.

Last night had to come back home early from hunting up the hill. Sure enough, had a large buck in my yard about 50 yrds from my porch with about 15 minutes of light left. He dwarfed all the other deer around. Lightly sparred with a smaller 8 but his rack was so big and wide they couldn't lock up very well.

My wife thought it all was awful amusing. I wasn't quite as amused.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Glad you guys are seeing deer. I've been stuck inside the past few days with a bad head cold. Looking to get out tomorrow evening for a bit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts