The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my Hawkingade lock back to TC on 23 JAN. They sent it back today with a new frizzen and flint. I was hoping they would replace the hammer with the new style but they didn't, oh well.

Anyway, reports/posts of TC not supporting their warranty are incorrect. My lock is sparking much, much better.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
A couple years ago I unknowingly short started my Omega. The result was a bulge in the barrel so I sent it back to T/C after discovering it while cleaning. They sent me a new barrel in less than a week eventhough they said the bulge was an operator error.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Glad you got them to do something. Those reports about problems are in deed true, at least in two cases I know of. Increasingly they are asking for proof that the customer was the original purchaser, ( although that was not part of the original warranty in the 1970's, it WAS put in later) Additionally, they have reportedly run out of some parts and have been slow to resupply.

Much of the equipment for the patriot pistol production was destroyed in a fire and they simply refuse to do most warranty work on those pistols, despite the warranty. (I also took notice that suddenly the prices of used patriot pistols has dropped to about 2/3 of what they brought a year ago. In fact you couldn't find one to buy for love or money for several years and now they are for sale all over.)

In the 1970's I purchased a set of life time warranty tools from JC Penny. The ratchet just went bad. You think Penny;s will replace it?

TC is going the same way. Cease production of side locks and eventually claim, like the Patriot pistol, that parts aren't available.

Not that that is a legal defense, but many will just accept that and look for a new gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts