The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Pro Hunter in .243, primarily for a woodchuck gun. I am loading it with 48.2 grains of w760 behind a 55 grain nosler ballistic tip. At 100 yards, I can touch all three holes. Is anyone else getting this kind of accuracy with their Pro Hunter? I am thinking of getting an '06 barrel for it for this years deer season. I have a bolt '06, but I really like how this thing shoots with the .243 barrel. Any problems with other calibers?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I get great accuracy out of all of my brls. I think you'll hear a very similar results from most on here.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Just stay away from the Bergara and you should get similar accuracy with handloads for most of your Encore brls.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
My dad has the 28" SS Fluted 06 on his prohunter. Nice looking gun. He only shoots factory and gets a nice pattern. Not touching but very nice for factory loads

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a regular .22-250 barrel. It is the single most accurate rifle I own. depending on my skill level any particular day, it will shoot 3 shot groups in the .3-.4' range.
Will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts