The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally want a muzzle loader but I want the benefit of adding barrels as well. The TC Pro Hunter has been around forever and the price is outragous. The Apex is new and seems to get amazing reviews for $500.00. What do you guys think? Spend the extra couple hundred and get a TC Encore Pro Hunter or is this Apex the real deal?

http://www.sunrisearchery.com/Apex.htm

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
I've owned a CVA Firebolt, CVA Optima Pro. CVA's are decent quality but no comparison whatsoever to a TC Pro Hunter. 2-3 hundred more well worth it IMO. it will be the last inline you will eevr buy!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I agree with Loggy. Once you make the investment in the ProHunter frame, you can add Encore or ProHunter barrels in any caliber you want.

I have a ProHunter and it's nothing but quality.

Dave

·
Registered
502 Posts
TC If you want a TC and buy the other you won"t be happy. Buy the best and only cry once.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I bought an Encore ProHunter last fall in 50 cal, and also bought a 30-06 and 223 barrel for it.

I havent shot it yet, in any barrel!

Question: Are all CVA Barrels made by Bergara? The one on the site provided above appears to be.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Apex! It will rock the TC's world.

http://www.sunrisearchery.com/Apex.htm

Oops see u already had that link lol. Its a bad butt rifle though!

If you dont really need the switch barrel, the CVA Accura is another sweet rifle they have.

Not all CVA's have the Bergara barrel. CVA however is retrofitting their older rifles like the optima/pro/kodiak/elk horn, ect with the Bergara barrels.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
T/C has been doing the Contender and Encore for years. It is a try and true system. I have used them for years. I used to shoot some CVA flintlocks for all the wrong reasons, tehy were cheap and affordable. I don't have them anymore for that reason. CVA is new in this game and is not a reasonable option in my opinion. Buy the best the first time so you won't be buying it at a higher price later when the CVA doesn't meet your needs anymore.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know all about buying name brands. I shoot Mathews bows.
I am shopping for a Pro Hunter and just happened to see this Apex and it looked promising. I agree with buying the best first but who knows, maybe this new Apex is the best? I wish someone on here had one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts