The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
its just telling you that the barrels twist is for patched round balls only. 1:66 twist is a very good accurate twist for round balls but not fast enough to stabilize a conical bullet.

Those 1:66 twist barrels are actually harder to find.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I checked my PA Hunter my dad bought me for Christmas when I was 16. I am 30 now. I couldn't find that inscription anywhere on my barrel. I love my T/C PA Hunter, it shoots great but I don't want to scratch it etc.....I bought another M/L and use it. Round balls work much better out of my T/C Hunter up to 200 yrds dead on......I had a post on here a few months ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If memory serves me correct you have one of the older PA Hunters. My buddy has the same gun (octagon-to-round barrel) and one time a few years back we were at the muzzleloading shop talking guns with the owner and when he found out what my buddy had he asked if he could see it because those older ones were getting to be collectibles. As for the inscription frontier gander is correct, it is telling you the twist of the rifleing in the barrel.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Yes, the older ones and I had one in 31 inch 1:66 barrel had that writing on them and had no recoil pad on them. a true roundball gun.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My T/C loves round balls......I love this gun probably most of all the guns I own. I have never shot a deer with it but it's a shooter. I have it cleaned and in pieces so that it doesn't rust as mine was one of the last PAHUNTERS made (I believe).

When did T/C quit making the PAHUNTERS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts