The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always heard how great they are, but I just got off the phone with them. A barrel I sent them, which they received on 5 April, hasn't even been looked at, and she (Gail) said it wouldn't be looked at for at least a couple more weeks.

So what's so great about TC customer service?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It took me 6-7 weeks to get 2 springs sent to me for the Encore... I cant complain because it was free, but it still took way to long IMO.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I had to call TC when I got my new contender a few weeks ago I order a 45/410 barrell along with my frame and the choke was missing the wrench was there but no choke, the girl I talked with was rude and pretty much said its not our problem call the dealer you bought it from, It took me over a week to get the choke in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just received my new G2 Contender handgun yesterday (Apr 22). Ordered it Dec 21, 2009 from local dealer. Patience with TC was starting to run pretty thin as I was ready to cancel order and shop for something else. Was also informed, and for those that don't know, TC is now part of Smith & Wesson.

Most likely that is the hold up with service and parts?

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, my take is, if you have enough work that a customers barrel sits in waiting for over a month just to get looked at, it's time to hire some more help.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
As a lot of you know on here I am a big fan of T/C. I sent my Firestorm back last year for just some minor issue and except for them scratching the bluing(which I repaired)it came back in a very short time lookin great.My one big dissapointment with them lately is that I have been countin the days for my new custom made Renegade to arrive.Well they called me a couple of weeks ago and cancelled the order.They said they are re-structering and aren,t doin ant traditional rifles at this time.Meanwhile my order was placed amost 2 months prior and they said 10-12 weeks it will be shipped to my door.They gave me no info on when they might build it sayin maybe in the fall.They cancelled all orders that they had.To say I,m dissapointed is puttin it mildly and I told them of my dissapointment.Heck,I was plannin on orderin a custom Hawkin too.What a let down.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am also a fan of TC..obviously...but I contacted them to get my rebate back for purchasing my pro hunter. I sent it in almost a month ago and nothing back yet. I emailed Gail and gave her all the info on my rebae and she hasnt gotten back to me yet either. I'm kinda upset they couldnt even get back to me about it even if they dont know how long it will take.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
They make several.They USED to make Renny,s and Hawkins in .50-.54-58 cals in flint or percussion.Plus you could order for a measley $10 a 30" 1-66 barrel with no QLA. I was also higly considering a Venture and a Icon.Now I just don,t know.I,m not mad,just sadly dissapointed.I have really gone to bat for this Co. too in the past.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The longer I live, the more I think back and remember the good times and how stuff was... and how stuff should be.

I am doubtfull I will turn 100% away from my Encore but there will come a time were MGM and OTT will be getting my biz for barrels. I can just see TC's brls going to pot in the next 5 years as prices rise and they find new ways to save production costs.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tcprohunter said:
I sent it in almost a month ago and nothing back yet. I emailed Gail and gave her all the info on my rebae and she hasnt gotten back to me yet either.
as for rebates, I had an issue last year with rebates on barrels. The coupon for the rebate was poorly worded, and I followed it to a T, but was missing something. I finally got it resolved. But, the rebates are handled by another company outside of TC, so you might not be doing any good going through Gail.

Although it took a while, they did make good on my rebates.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I spoke to a female at the T/C custom shop and she said they are still taking orders on Encore barrels. I asked her if they were closing and she said,"I cannot comment on that but you could call T/C's main number and get an answer". I did not call T/C yet.
This is very disturbing news!!!
I am glad I bought my custom frame when I did and ordered my barrel a while back.
Dave

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well earlier i had posted that i sold all my T/C stuff, then today a buddy of mine stops by with a contender with a 14" > 35 Remington barrel and a nice scope 2 boxs of bullets and says here it was his dads and he told Jr to give it to me so I couldn't say no. BUT I'M NOT BUYING ANYTHING FOR IT EITHER. I'll just keep it the way it was given to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts