The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could somone explain the reason for the set trigger on my sons renagade and is it nessary-figured it was for lighter trigger pull bit not sure a bit new to muzzies and on a back forum someone gave instructions for hardening a frizzem by yourself i cant get him a replacement right now but i think it is a little soft.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
The set trigger just lightend the pull on the front trigger............he should beable to shoot it without setting the trigger but it will probably be really heavy pull....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
like they said easyier pull on the trigger instead of harding the frizzin which it does work you can buy a lyman frizzen which it will work they are cased hardend and work much better i think [better spark]

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Once the flintlock is cocked pull the set trigger in the back--It then makes the front(Firing) trigger a hair trigger....Hope that makes sense. Try it without loading the gun to see the difference.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Triggers should work also without pulling the hammer back.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I use the set trigger on the range but never in the woods. Because i normally have gloves on while hunting and don't want a hair trigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts