The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been giving the idea of selling this revolver for a little while now. I'd like some feed back from the revolver enthusists as to what they think a mint condition revolver like this one is worth. Gun has a 4" barrel and Brazilian walnut checkered wood grips with the Taurus medal logo embeded in it. I have checked gun brokers and other sites so I have an average. I'd like to get some feed back from some HPA guys as well.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
On gunbroker, you can get a new in the box 7 shot version for $430 with rubber grips.

If its been shot, it is less than that.

Also take into account what you paid for it. If it is a few years old it possibly was cheaper back then.

If its in good shape as in 90%, it might be worth $400 to the right person since it has wood grips.

Depending on how fast you want to sell it, $350 to maybe $400 in 90% condition.

Thats my best guess based off what I observed as completed auctions on gunbroker. Its important that you check past auctions so that you can see that when something is overpriced it gets relisted many times. Checking current auctions would cause your price to be higher than what anyone is willing to pay

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have never owned one but based on my experience on the firing range training deputies who bought Tarus revolvers is that they have a lot of problems with the cylinder release when they are fired a lot. They may be ok for occasional use but I wouldn't buy one because I don't believe they are dependable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts