The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting one of these revolvers, anyone ever own one? I need some pros and cons on this please.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Had one never had any problems with it, If youre big its small in your hands. I am 6ft 3 and go 230 just couldn't get used to something that small I like a heavy pistol.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Have an all stainless one. I like it very much. Would probably buy an ultra lite if I were to find one at a good price.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I prefer a revolver over a semi-auto so I carry the Model 85 UL and really like it. It's performed flawlessly. Relatively easy to carry in a belly-band, clip-on holster, or pocket holster. I also put a Crimson Trace lasergrip on mine and I have complete confidence in the set up. I would recommend the UL over the standard version if you are going to carry it in a pocket holster. I'm 6'3 and found the factory grip to be a bit small but still better than grips on a small semi-auto. The CT grips are good for me. The 85 will handle any .38 ammo (including shot loads for snakes or varmints) well but I personally prefer Federal Personal Protection 110 gr. Hydra-Shok in mine because it's low recoil and my preference for multiple shots.

·
Premium Member
24,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I just bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts