The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you keep the targets that you shoot? Do you mark them with Date,temp,load,bullet,COL,distance shot and gun used?
I like to go back in time to see how iv'e improved my shooting or how the gun does with different things i have done to it or the load changes.
Also,it amazes me how i can zero in a gun,save the target and then have who ever i have shot the gun in for shoot it and come up with way different results!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I definitely take pics to keep for reference.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I go on the computer and print out Printable Targets which have those things listed on the pages to write in.

Then I hit it with the 3 hole punch and after its shot it goes into the binder with the load information.

·
Super Moderator
4,598 Posts
Nope,simply paper.My mind records whats good.If it's good I make a note in my load data.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I take pictures with my cell phone of loads that work. After reloading for 25+ years, I've pretty much settled on the loads for my firearms.

I'll take the picture to reaffirm that the load is still working, and to post or brag about them!

If I'm shooting my defensive/carry guns and shooting a particular course of fire, I write down the date and score on the target.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I pull the targets after shooting and take them home and then I measure them with a caliper.

I have a log book organize by weapon. I note the size of the group in the log and then note the placement of the holes in the remarks by making a mark at lease location of the bullet holes. It is a written duplicate of the group but much smaller.

When I want to go over my notes for a particular gun or load I can look at the log and everything is in one place.

Saving targets can get cumbersome when you shoot a lot.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
I don't keep my targets. I am not a competition shooter, just a hunter. If my rifle is sighted in and shooting decent groups for what I'm doing, I don't need to retain the target to know that.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I keep all targets with reloading data attached for all load development work.

If I am just verifying zero before the season I dont keep the targets.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Generally, no. But I do have a few exceptional ones that I have kept.......ones that need framed. Lol !!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I scan them into my computer and also keep the data in a handloaders log/notebook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts