The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this today for shooting my new wicked ridge warrior crossbow. By no means original to me.
2 10 ft, 2" schedule 40 pvc cut into 4 2ft pcs, 2- 3.5ft pieces for uprights and 1- 3ft piece for crossbar. Two T's and 2 elbows plus hdwe., I think it was around $37.00 total. Works great, holds target well with no sag and you can leave the crossbar unglued for easy takedown, in fact I left mine all unglued and it was no problem. In case you are wondering the hardware in the center of the crossbar is for when I get my Rinehart 18-1 target for broadheads.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's ok, no passthroughs and none buried to the fletching, I shot about 15 to 20 times today, so it hasn't been enough time to really say how it will hold up. This target is for field points only..

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Great Orator said:
Going to build this tonight! I was shooting my hurricane bag and my first two arrows went through and lodged in my shed.
Was the bag hanging? That can make a difference in penetration..

·
Registered
661 Posts
It wasn't hanging, but it is now!!! I think I'm gonna cement some of the joints together, however, as my bag is now kind of damp and heavy. Shouldn't leave it out in the rain, I guess.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I built mine today, I glued all the joints except the top vertical connections, makes it easy to store/transport by simply tapping off the horizontal pipe & 90's.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
661 Posts
VAPA said:
I built mine today, I glued all the joints except the top vertical connections, makes it easy to store/transport by simply tapping off the horizontal pipe & 90's.
Thanks for sharing.
I did the exact same gluing setup. everything lays flat for transport in the truck, If I decide to ever move it...

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the beauty of it, cheap, portable, and long lasting, as long as you don't leave it out in the cold of winter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Excellent job springfreak. I've been thinking of how to make one and you figured it out for me. Thanks for taking the time to share pictures & dimensions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts