The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with a tankless water heater for the cabin ? if so what do I need to look for? Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
We just installed an ECO smart 11 in our camp. It was priced around $250. The main things to look for are what temperature is your ground water coming into the unit, this determines how much it can heat the water and what the output (GPM) will be. Also, you need to determine how many units, such as sinks, showers, dishwasher, wash machine, you plan to run at a single time and the load it will put on the unit. Here is there website. They have a tool that lets you click through some options for recommended units and each unit shows has an application tab to give you details on inlet water temp and what it can handle.

https://www.ecosmartus.com/products/electric-tankless-water-heater

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. just figuring seldom used shower, bathroom and kitchen sinks. thanks again

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Have one and only issue is it takes a while to get the water hot at place you want it. Due to when you turn water on then it starts to heat and takes a little to get it hot and the colder the water to start then the longer it will take.

And it will need a good gas supply as when it wants gas it wants a lot so line size from tank to it has to be able to handle it.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Thanks for the info. just figuring seldom used shower, bathroom and kitchen sinks. thanks again
If you aren't running much at the same time you can get by with a small one. I got a Excel Vent-Free Tankless Propane Water Heater, Low Pressure Startup, 1.6GPM. It runs on propane. Works very well. I think you want to install close to your use if possible. I think I paid $200.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. I am sure you are right and maybe I would need two, one for the bath and one for the kitchen. thanks again.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Thanks for your help! what does it take to fire it up? pilot light?
Mine has no pilot light. Works on a battery that ignites it. Great for occasional use cabin that is off grid

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
7mm, check the pm I sent you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts