The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting these for one of my rifles, wanted to know if anybody else has tried them and there experiences. Website claims they are stronger than any steel 2 piece mount, but are made from a lightweight aluminum alloy. Any input from somebody would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
I have 4 sets of them and have nothing but good things to say about them. Work like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
i use dead nutz by game reaper...similar product...got them on a 7600 in 35 whelen and over 100rds through it and they havent moved a smidge..fit like a glove as well..i was impressed with the fit..

only thing i dont like is no gloss finish..but, doesnt need trued like regular rings would..and the thread on the rings is AMAZING...its ridiculously long and shouldnt move...

i like em alot...need to look at the talleys maybe they come in gloss..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Talley makes steel as well but they are not one piece. I use them and have them on my 300 win mag. If you install yourself, make sure to follow the instructions and tighten the BOTTOM screws first to the correct inch pound amount. Set the scope and tighten the top. Great rings and bases.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just ordered three sets of the Talley Lightweight Lows for three Remington 700's I just bought. I'm very pleased with them so far. Most guys on 24hourcampfire swear by these mounts, no flies on them at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts