The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
If they wan monuments and statues tore down , then it goes for the the ones they want up. what is fair for one is fair for the rest of them.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'll throw gas on this fire.

Find 1000 black people who can definitively trace their ancestors to slaves from Africa sold to American colonists.

Ask them if they are glad if they live in America or would they prefer if their ancestors had never come here, regardless of the circumstances.

Point is, the country endured a civil war and casualties to end that system 160 years ago. Thats a fact. It happened.

So now the move is to erase history? Take down a statue of Teddy Roosevelt because he had an 1890s kind of social mentality? So now we continue to rejudge people decades after they died?

Generally speaking (as nothing is absolute) blacks were brought here as slaves. When they became free, does anyone think that society would change in a snap? Of course some people viewed them as inferior. True change in society's mentality take time.

To equate statues to Teddy Roosevelt and academic buildings named for Woodrow Wilson as part of "systemic racism" like they were KKK symbols is just more hyperbole. This isnt like a statue of Adolph Hitler. These are former presidents of this nation.

But they want to promote a candidate who said bussing would have his kids growing up in a jungle.

As one of the stereotypical "racists", white, male, gun owner, camo seat covers on my truck, I was sickened to see what happened to that man in Minnesota. But, they lost me with all of the fallout.

You want to discuss some reforms that can hold the few bad cops accountable? I am all for that. But what about all the good cops? Are we going to put in provisions to hold those who do things to good cops more accountable?

I see very few minority "leaders" standing up and saying look, there are good and bad people in all races. Most blacks are good. Most whites are good. Let's work together for good, and against bad. Bad cops, bad gangs, bad behavior. Of all colors.

But thats not the message. Its now everything has to lean one way.

So from this seat, if Aunt Jemima syrup and Uncle Ben's rice must change their name, then so must Black Entertainment Television.

Racism will continue to grow until it really becomes a true two-way street.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts